Fur Taker Junior , Jareds first season behind the trigger

jerry malbeck

After years of training on sets my Youngest son Jared has completed his hunter safety course and is now beyond ready and more then able to start his first season of coyote calling behind the rifle .
Today was a day he will never forget as he bagged his first and second coyotes called in and shot by him.
happyBoy.jpg

As you can see he was very excited to get started this morning, I had a hard time getting him to drag his lil butt out of bed , but once i said coyote calling is was all business.
Jared91011.jpg

The first stand of the morning brought a group of about 10 to 15 magpies about ten minutes into the set , He said Dad this is going to happen soon , no more then did he get the words out of this mouth and a HARD charger came in and slipped out before he could get a bead on him ( my bad I set up in a tight spot)
The second stand brought a young female in at about the 30 second mark , yep i said 30 seconds , we must have setup right on top of her , Jared was so fast i didnt even get a chance to see the coyote, it slipped behind a piece of sage and he gave her a kiss with his lips and BANG down she went . His first remark was ( I have waited five years for this ) LOL.
2again.jpg

we gathered up our things and moved to another location overlooking a pond , about 1 minute into the set Jared says Dad one coming from across the pond , I saw her make her way to where she could cross the water and she charged up the incline where the caller was located . I lost sight of her and Jared managed to place a quick kill shot from a up hill stand Number 2 was down !!!!
FurTakerJR.jpg

I am so proud of him and his abilities on a stand , After all the sets he has been on with me and all the range time we have put in he is and has become one heck of a predator caller and all at the age of 12 .
The season has just started so im sure there will be many more pictures and stories to come . Just thought i would share . Jerry . here is a pic of Jared when he was a lil guy , on the front of the house with his caller and rifle ( Just like dad)
Jaredcallinjustlikedad.jpg

HOMBanner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome, Jerry! You obviously trained him right. And, a big congrats to Jared! He's a good looking young man. WTG!

Back