Brand New Savage from the shop today- BIG Dissappointment!!

Originally Posted By: Winny FanDoes anyone have an accurate count or possibly even an accurate estimate as to how many times the fish picture has been paraded by for everyone to see? Using the search function I've seen it more than once emitting from the same source. What good purpose does it serve? I hope you get your concerns answered.

Apparently you have used the search function a WHOLE LOT as far as I'm concerned. I'm glad you find me so entertaining.

It was done in humor, nothing more. Those here who know me, know I don't have much bad to say about Savage rifles, other than I do not prefer them.

So what good purpose did this post serve. Seems you take whining to a whole new level.......

I wonder if we use the search function with Winny Fan and 2muchgun, how many post from Winny Fan would come as spiteful comment against you, Ken?

Just another guy who wants to talk the talk, but can't walk the walk.

I particularly like how he always throws in some do gooder comment at the end in regards to the original poster, as if to justify his BS comments and falsely depict his "good intentions".....

I allways thought about buying a savage even after I seen 3 with bent fireing pins and one with a crossthreaded bolt and syn stocks you could tie in a knot. After a few years of hearing how much better a savage is (even if thats the only rifle they ever owned)than any other rifle it put a bad taste in my mouth for them. It always starts out "but the savage has the accu trigger and you can adjust it"

Sorry to the savage guys on here but the ones around where I live are alittle to much.

Sorry done with my rant.

Their are certain negative traits that a lot of Savages exhibit. Tool marks, aesthetics, crappy feeding(which is fixable), poor fit/finish, poor resale value, etc. I also do not care for the accutrigger.

However, most of them tend to shoot anyway.

They also tend to exhibit some other good traits:

Made in USA

Reasonably priced

Cheap, easily obtainable factory parts

Good customer service

Decent selection of aftermarket parts

Good reliable action (though kinda ugly)

They are a solid choice for most hunters, and have come a LONG way in regard to their precision type target rifles.

I would happily buy another Savage over a Tikka or A-bort for a higher price.

In all honesty, it pains me to say it, because being made in USA goes a long way with me, but I still like Howa actions and Vanguard rifles better......

"In all honesty, it pains me to say it, because being made in USA goes a long way with me, but I still like Howa actions and Vanguard rifles better......"

Not being made in USA is the only major complaint i have with both my Howa rifles other than that they are great for the money.

Originally Posted By: Winny FanDoes anyone have an accurate count or possibly even an accurate estimate as to how many times the fish picture has been paraded by for everyone to see? Using the search function I've seen it more than once emitting from the same source. What good purpose does it serve? I hope you get your concerns answered. I'm not picking a fight here but was your post even needed, he showed a picture and since you have beef with him you just have to make rude posts(I'm being a good boy and being nice).

Hey how do those T/C bolt guns shoot? I held one the other day and it felt good, cycled the bolt good and the trigger wasn't all to bad. I'm a remmy man but that t/c reminded me of my mod 7 and I liked it.

Shoot the game is on gotta go.

I just finished putting a bolt back together on another one that would not eject. Spring and ejector were trashed after one box of 7mm-08 factory. I dont understand how these things shoot so well. In my shop they are spelled SALVAGE Rifles. This will start some fires I am sure.

I bought the savage predator in August. When I was looking at which rifle I wanted to buy there web site showed the gun with the scope did not come with a magazine.

When I click on their web site it still reads the same way as when I bought mine.

Maybe you read it wrong, when I read their info it is still the same.

Have you worked up a load yet.
I have been real happy with my .59" 5 shot group at 100 yds right out of the box.

savage is all i buy,great accuracy even using a stevens action and trigger which i worked on,heavy barell .223 i put 4 shots in same hole and messed up on the 5th shot,100 yards.never had a problem with any of them.i have a savage edge 22-250,i worked the stock trigger to 1.25lbs,itll shoot just as good as my others!!!!!!

OK here is the deal guys. Are all of the problems I listed in the OP major problems? Not really. Except for the delivery of the internal box instead of the advertised detachable box magazine.

Could I fix the scope? of coarse, should I have to adjust it just for it to be properly bore sighted and straight? No

Could I adjust the trigger? of coarse, should I have to just to get it to function properly? No! Should a trigger in general have to be adjusted just for it to function properly? No. With the company knowing this fact should a company allow it to leave the factory like that? No

will the stock eventually get scratched up? yes, but is that the point? No, Of coarse a rifle that is to be used strictly as a hunter is going to get scratched up over time. Does that fact mean that the manufacturer is allowed to let the finish on it leave the factory sub-par? No

could I have a new recoil pad installed? yes, should I have to on a new rifle? No

could I change the internal box to a detachable box magazine? yes, should I have to spend extra money on a new rifle just get what I originally ordered? No way in helll!

Now here is my main point, should a customer have to do any of this on a brand new rifle just to get it to function properly an to get it back to a condition to where it would actually pass their own quality control? NO

Do I expect to get what I ordered and for it to be properly assembled? Absolutely. Does the amount of money spent on a new product change ANY of these facts? NO

if the rifle arrived with just one of any of the above listed issues other then missing the detachable box magazine I would have accepted it and just dealt with it myself. But when a company will allow a product to leave their factories quality control department with ALL of these issues then that is a problem that the company needs to address.

At this point Savage has agreed to address ALL of these problems to make sure that I am a satisfied customer.

Was that the point of all of this........................

Will this end up a positive or a negative thread for Savage once they deliver the final product? You tell me.....

By the way, for all the Savage fans on this board I am happy to report that Savage has agreed to replace the stock and add the detachable magazine, check the trigger and adjust it or replace it as necessary and remount and bore sight the scope as well as send me the 3 shot group target they use to do so. (I must admit having Savage send me the target showing the 3 shot group that this rifle shoots was a big surprise to me, not to mention a pleasant one)

once I receive the final product I will post the results along with the pic of the target that Savage sends me.

I love my T/C! I'm a Rem700 guy myself. Or I should say that was pretty much all I would really ever shoot until I got my T/C.

Mine shoots like a house a fire! But I got mine from Virgin Valley when they were still around. So they were not the plain off the rack barrels that you get from Cabellas or BassPro shops.

I have a couple of calibers and they are both very accurate. Even with factory loads. I still load for em. But it is nice to know that if I am out on a hunt and run into a problem that I can stop by any shop that sells ammo and get something to feed them that will be very accurate. I will be picking up a 300 Winmag this year just for fun. I can pack the action and 2 scoped brls into one breakdown shotgun case.

Brl swaps are a breeze. The rifle is super light so it is perfect to pack in on a long hike. It would make a perfect mountain rifle. You could pack 2 brls and the action broken down and fit them all into one pack. No need to sling that bad boy on a many mile trek up the mountain.

Originally Posted By: 00Scotonce I receive the final product I will post the results along with the pic of the target that Savage sends me.
Please do.
Thanks.

Back