Trapping in the Summer

Sometimes trapping needs to be done during the summer. I do a lot of Beaver ADC work in the summer for our DWR. I am doing some now. I do still skin and can sell them even if caught during the summer months. I do prefer to take fur during the prime months though.

I've found that if done right, a guy can knock off the older harder to catch/call coyotes in the summer. I do some adc work around the county that I live in and found out that it makes it a little easier when trapping fur in the winter. Just a rookies 2 cents.

Originally Posted By: DustyCWhat does nvm mean if you don't mind me askin?

Ill take stab and assume it means "nevermind" since he edited his post.

I gotta respond to the post here where he says that after killing a bunch of coyotes the fawns started showing up. Where were they while the coyotes were there?Do the fawns there stay inside the doe until the danger is gone?Here, the fawns drop at the same time roughly,and do what all fawns do_Ours aren't smart enough to lay low until the danger is gone.

Originally Posted By: jbmaster I gotta respond to the post here where he says that after killing a bunch of coyotes the fawns started showing up. Where were they while the coyotes were there?Do the fawns there stay inside the doe until the danger is gone?Here, the fawns drop at the same time roughly,and do what all fawns do_Ours aren't smart enough to lay low until the danger is gone.

i take from his post the very next year he started to see an increase in fawns.....its not that hard to figure this one out
crazy.gif

You don,t have to freeze proof your sets. Keeps you in good shape if you can stand the heat. Coyote not worth much here anytime unless someone pay,s to have the removed.

I entirely agree with UtahNate. Being a fellow utahn. I completely agree that unless a trapper is adc, he is absolutly wasting the animal. And In my opinion wasting an animal makes me not want to hunt them. But who knows me and my son have only done this for 20+ years.

JTM

The way i see it is this... If the powers that be ie. Wildlife Dept, thought coyotes need to be trapped only when prime then they wouldn't allow trapping them all year long. If he's legal then why even bother worrying about it???

Back