Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1992126 - 09/05/11 08:25 PM Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... PICS added
Yotes2Call Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Buffalo, Wyoming
Been baiting for a couple years. Been successful with it, lots of work and very rewarding.

I have a couple bears this year that are total night time eaters. No show in the daylight hours. Heard many ways to get them to show in the daylight...

What tips and tricks does anyone have to make a nighttime bear show in the daylight ?

thanks

Edited by Yotes2Call (09/07/11 06:46 PM)

#1992312 - 09/05/11 11:07 PM Re: Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... [Re: Yotes2Call]
DoubleCK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Wauneta, NE / Gold Canyon, AZ
Hey Y2C! Good to see you on the board. Seeing any size or color?

Got an email from MulePacker with pics of the Bear his Bride killed this weekend on a Big Horn Mountain bait.

#1992357 - 09/05/11 11:53 PM Re: Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... [Re: DoubleCK]
jbmaster Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Bradford, Pa.
I would say you already thought of this,but did you try calling?I have a call that imitates a cub,that I'm dying to try out.I don't want to try it now for fear of educating a potential trophy.Also, is there a specific time that you bait?Maybe you could bait earlier and put less out.Then in order to get some,the bears would have to come in sooner.IDK.Just some thoughts.

#1992392 - 09/06/11 12:46 AM Re: Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... [Re: jbmaster]
Yotes2Call Offline
Die Hard Member III

hey CK... thanks ! been really busy this summer with work ! But that is not a bad thing !!

Ya, thought about the calling, might give it a try later if all else fails.

the baiting early is not working as I don't have a huge bear density problem here in Wyoming.

thanks for the suggestions though !

#1993137 - 09/07/11 08:37 AM Re: Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... [Re: Yotes2Call]
Yotes2Call Offline
Die Hard Member III

anyone ?

#1993449 - 09/07/11 06:49 PM Re: Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... [Re: Yotes2Call]
Yotes2Call Offline
Die Hard Member III

first one to show this year...

Last year... $5.00 Foot long from Subway thumbup

Snow in Sept.

#1993469 - 09/07/11 07:14 PM Re: Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... [Re: Yotes2Call]
DoubleCK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Off the topic but had to show you these recent shots.

#1993597 - 09/07/11 09:53 PM Re: Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... [Re: DoubleCK]
Yotes2Call Offline
Die Hard Member III

I have Bears and Bunnies ! tongue_smilie

#1993609 - 09/07/11 10:09 PM Re: Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... [Re: Yotes2Call]
DoubleCK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Bambi, Yogi and Thumper. thumbup

#1993787 - 09/08/11 02:17 AM Re: Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... [Re: jbmaster]
hk1123 Offline
Predator Master

Loc: PA
@jb - i too am in pa and try to plan on calling in a bear this year. what is the call you are going to try? i am using several, including a rr calls one.

#1994552 - 09/08/11 11:56 PM Re: Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... [Re: hk1123]
jbmaster Offline
Seasoned Member

I'll get back to you on that.It is in my car right now.The reason that I have high hopes is that before work one morning,we stopped for coffee,and a guy said a sow and two cubs were treed over by our sportsmans club.We drove by and sure enough a big bear went over the bank.We stopped to look at it.It was walking back and forth,about 40 yards down the hill,and would not leave.My co-worker said that he thought he could imitate a bear cub.He started bawling,and this bear ran us right into our truck and was acting like she was going to try to get in.About then a state trooper came and sounded his siren off and it went back over the bank.She was grunting and popping her teeth while she was outside of the truck.And you would have thought she knew her cubs weren't there.But that convinced me that a bear will come to a call.

#1994573 - 09/09/11 12:20 AM Re: Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... [Re: jbmaster]
jbmaster Offline
Seasoned Member

My call doesn't have any writing on it at all.It is about 5 inches long and all black plastic.It is built like a duck call.It is a barrel with the reed assembly pushed into one end.You can pull the reed,which is plastic,in and out to change the tone.I'll look around some sites and see what it is.Also.Go to youtube and search calling black bear.Some good video,and some cubs calling their mama.Will help to get the right tone and sequence.

#1994575 - 09/09/11 12:35 AM Re: Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... [Re: jbmaster]
Yotes2Call Offline
Die Hard Member III

anyone have any more tricks or thoughts on changing things up ?

thanks Y2C

#1994698 - 09/09/11 10:56 AM Re: Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... [Re: Yotes2Call]
hk1123 Offline
Predator Master

Loc: PA
jbmaster - thanks! i think that sounds like the call that came with the carlton dvd "they come to eat".....i am using a rr game calls, bearmanric on the board - done as a really raspy fawn distress. as you know, we only have a fall season, so i am hoping that they are more interested in a easy protein meal than berries, ya dig? i have heard those cub bawl ones before, i am wondering though, if fall season isnt the wrong time to try one (rick, where are you on this?) - i had thought that they usually get sows with cubs, or hungry males - but would cubs be that vulnerable so late in the year? am i overthinking that? over in bradford, i heard y'all have nice bears - not as nice as our "bozo" though, lol.

#1994754 - 09/09/11 01:00 PM Re: Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... [Re: hk1123]
Jesse lackey Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Michigan. Go Blue
y2c, sounds like your best bet is a night vission scope!!!

I have no idea here, my bears are coming in at all hours, including all day long. I have not been able to patern them at all like you can a deer. Maybe try just a little bit of bait, and put it out real early in the am. sory i couldnt be more help.

"six potato chips all at once? wow, guess he is gonna make a decoy dog!" hahaha just kiddin guys!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.