Which Brand Of Rechargeable Batteries For A Foxpro?

CalCoyote

I have an FX3 and was going to be buying some new batteries. In the past I have used Energizer rechargeables. Are there other brands that have longer battery life?

CalCoyote,

What I would recommend is a low self discharge NiMH battery if you are looking for rechargeables. These batteries have a much longer shelf life on a charged battery. For example, if you have a fully charged low self discharge battery and sit it on a shelf, you can come back several months later, and the battery should still have good charge in it. A comparable battery that is not low self discharge may be dead after a few weeks.

The batteries that we offer are low self discharge, as are the Sanyo Eneloops. Hope this helps!

Mike Dillon

I have used the Tenergy, Powerex and Sanyo Eneloop. I got the most hours out of the Powerex followed by the Eneloops. I did a test on all three. I am sticking with the Eneloops because like Mike said, the shelf life is a lot better.

The Foxpro low discharge should work just as good. I have not tried them but have heard good reports about them. I would not use the Energizers. The ones I tried did not compare to any of the the others I have listed.

Originally Posted By: CalCoyoteThanks for the info. It sounds like I would have bought the wrong ones.

Possibly...it's also possible you have the wrong charger more than the wrong battery. If you have one of the Duracell/Energizer/....15 or 30 minute chargers they don't work nearly as well as a "smart" charger. A good charger can run your batteries through a charge/discharge cycle to ensure full life.

Prior to buying my Lacrosse charger I used both the Energizer 30 minute and the Foxpro wall charger....my battery life was very short...less than 2 hrs at best. I finally pulled all my batteries after the charger light went out on my Fury and tested all the batteries using my load pulse battery tester..the best batteries were at 100% the problem was only 2 of them were fully charged...the other 6 were from 20% to 60% charged. After I purchased the Lacrosse they were all 100% charged even using those same exact batteries and now I get a full day of calling and they are still good to go at the end of the day.
thumbup1.gif

This is the charger I purchased and it works great
Lacrosse Charger

This charger isn't the best by any means but it gets the job done at a fair price. I still use my FoxPro wall charger but every third or fourth charging I put the batteries on my Lacrosse and refresh them using a discharge/charge cycle to get them back in shape. It was well worth the money, I was tossing my batteries every year...now I rarely ever toss a battery...they seem to last forever.

I may have got a good set but...I been running cvs brand recharables in my spitfire. Hunt 2 ta 3 nights a week, charge em about every 2 weeks or so. Havnt had them die yet. When they do I may try a better brand but for the price they have been great!! Going on the second year with em!

I watch my batteries pretty close, by that I mean, I mark everyone of them as to when they were first charged and what the present mAh rating is.

I have 60 rechargeable batteries; AAA, AA, 9v, D and 18650's and what really keeps them in tip top condition is the chargers!

I have some batteries now, that after 3 1/2 yrs, have dropped from 2700 mAh down to 2000 mAh. I can check them by using the charger made by MAHA - model C9000 WizardOne.
This charger will charge the batteries several different ways and show what the mAh is after the charge.

The low discharge batteries are excellent for holding a long charge when not being used. But I have also found out the Sanyo 2700 mAh batteries to hold a good charge (80%) after 9 mo's or more. But these batteries were first charge with the "break-in" mode using the above mention C9000 charger and they were also "new".

A good charger is a must, for the longevity of your batteries!

I also use the Maha Powerex batteries and have for years. Last year I got an 8 pack of the Maha Imedion low discharges, and work great also. As many before me have stated, the charger is as/more important than the batteries themselves. I use the Maha C808M. Costs a couple bucks more then some of the others, but very versitile charger...

OK- you tech savy guys tell me which is better, or what I need to get.... these two are about the same price, but one does 8 batteries while the other does 4.

http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=422

http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=423

Or maybe this one....http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=408

I use both C and D batteries a lot in my game cameras and it would be nice to use rechargables. Does anyone use them in game cameras? I never hear any talk of that.

Sean the one you need for the C batteries is the MHC808M model Maha. It will do your AA's as well. It doesn't have quite the features as the one I have you showed above that only charges 4 at a time but it will do what you are wanting. You may not be as interested when you see the price of quality rechargeable C batteries.

http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=431

Last edited:
If they last good, it might be a good deal.

One of my cameras takes 4 c batteries and last about 3 months on a set. The Primos takes 4 D batteries, and I have not had it long enough to know how long it will last. The other moultrie I have takes 6 D batteries and lasts maybe 6 weeks.

Seems like I spend a lot on C and D batteries over time.

I'll go with my original recommendation on the C808. It is the most versatile of them. Especially if you are using other size batteries in rechargable applications. Yes, they cost more initially, but you have to figure that if you take care of them, they will [beeep] near last forever.

Back