Brand New 22-250 AR15

YIPPY SKIPPY !!!!!! I have been waiting on this for years!!! I love the 22-250 round. I have a Rem VSF Heavy barrel and a Kimber 24"fluted barrel ( forget model). My question is I have a Colt AR Match grade 16 post ban but this top in 22-250 will not fit it right??? If so I guess I am going to have to sell some stuff to afford this baby!!!!!!! Thanks Olympic Arms !!! James Hoover

Looks good. Just faxed our info to Olympic for some more information regarding these products
thumbup1.gif

Already thinking cartridges / Variants that would also work with in the 2.42 coal of the mag / lower. ....Thanks Oly for further complicating my life..
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: r15 reeperCould we see a pic of the mags. And is the col for the 22-250 also 2.42.
Thanks Pete

The 22-250 Remington COL is listed at 2.35"...So 2.42" should
give some room for seating long in a long throat. I would
be excited to see a 6mm International, too. This could
open some new doors for the AR-15.

Squeeze

i guess the question is what will the 6mm international do that the 6mm ar, 6mm dti, and 243 wssm will not.....but i still like it. seems to me like it would be very close to a 6xc without the expensive brass.

That is not only a sexy rifle, the 22-250 cartridge is making me drool. How come it took someone this long to do this?!?!?

Originally Posted By: r15 reeperCould we see a pic of the mags. And is the col for the 22-250 also 2.42.
Thanks Pete

Sorry it took me so long to get this to you. Yes the COL is also 2.42

UMAR-MAgazine.jpg

What is the weight of this in 22-250? Of course as shown, minus optics.
Need one so the son can tag along.
And wait time on one ordered?
They just look WAY to NICE to pass up an AR so here I go !!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: No Off SeasonWhat is the weight of this in 22-250? Of course as shown, minus optics.
Need one so the son can tag along.
And wait time on one ordered?
They just look WAY to NICE to pass up an AR so here I go !!

If I remember right the one in the picture weighs about 13.75 lbs. The stock model weighs in at approx 9.4 lbs and is 42.5" long.

Currently the wait time should be fairly short as we have been building up a stockpile of parts for these.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: r15 reeperCurious on what just a lower will run with mag.

Just got quoted $206 for the stripped lower & bolt latch.

Mag's are seperate at about $100

Ouch! not sure If I should bite the bullet to shoot these VLD's or just build a custom bolt gun.

remember when dvd players first came out....the cheap ones were about $250, now you can get them for 30 bucks all day long. hopefully this will work about the same way; gots to recoup some of the R&D expense.

Originally Posted By: dzlfarmboyOriginally Posted By: r15 reeperCurious on what just a lower will run with mag.

Just got quoted $206 for the stripped lower & bolt latch.

Mag's are seperate at about $100

Ouch! not sure If I should bite the bullet to shoot these VLD's or just build a custom bolt gun.

The main reason the magazines are currently so expensive is that they are billet magazines. We are working on having an extrusion made so it will reduce the price.

Back