Places to Hunt in N. Central WV

wvcoalminer

I'm new to the forum and looking to get into Coyote calling. Problem is I'm very new to the area and am having trouble finding places to hunt. Anyone from around the Harrison, Barbour, Marion county area in WV have any good recommendations for public hunting, or should I start looking into asking farmers for access? Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

wvcoalminer, I am also in Clarksburg, I can't help much cause I'm a nubie also, maybe we can get toghether a figure these Yotes out. PM your number.

Stonewall Jackson WMA
Pleasant Creek WMA
Pruntytown WMA
Center Branch WMA
All of these have predators but are hunted. You'll do best by studying maps and walking a bit. Good luck

Awesome, thank you. I found Dents Run WMA today doing some driving around and map reading. Planning to start walking it on Sept 10 when squirrel season comes in.

Rhinorider, I work at Loveridge. Been there about a year. I'm a foreman trainee on C-shift.

John007, Dents Run is only about a year old. It opened last fall on land Consol Energy leased to the state. Good looking spot. I'm looking forward to checking it out next week.

talk to the farmers and Check in with them in spring when the live stock are having babies to see if they having predator problems. I have got five or six farms by helping to protect there new stock.

Back