New Caliber

I have to give the thumbs up to 300 WSM. Its not a lite gun but its pleasant to shoot. One of my favorites and it does a really good job on LR coyotes.

308 always a good choice from the 30 cal family. Every gun nut has atleast one 30 cal. 308 is very hand load friendly, and there are endless options in factory loaded ammo everywhere!

300 blackout so you can use your 223 brass, and have a reason to buy a suppressor, or a 6x45 so you can use your 6mm projectiles and your .223 brass. Or, step up to a 7 or 30 in the mag or short mag flavor. Then wait for Savage to make the AICS compatible bottom metal available and build it tacticool.

id say a magnum just because. id go 7mag, love mine. all the knowdown you want for anything in north america or canada and the high BC bullets if you want to go long range. you can still load some 100gr lasers for hogs or deer also. nothing sounds better than hitting a pig with a 100gr hollow point pushing 3600

.308win is never a bad choice,.25-06 is a nice flat shooting rifle I've used on northern Michigan big bucks, maybe a little to big for them little PA deer.

I like the 308 choice as well. 7-08 wouldn't be bad either but neither will do anything better than the other. I have them both and like both.

You mean a 7mm-o Late. Just kidding everyone needs a 308 or 7mm-08 not the fastest or the newest. Yet the get the job done.

For those that don't get the "I can buy any cartridge the EDGE is available in" thing...........
grin.gif

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/

If your wanting one just in the Edge/Axis model I would go with one of these 22-250, .243, or the 7mm-08. Your pretty much covered for what you hunt already so it's a tough call.

But I wouldn't waste your time with a .308 unless you just want one.

Back