Illuminating Reticle

I live by the Kiss rule and so far, Trijicon with the green dot in 3-9x40 is looking pretty good.

Everyone has been very helpful and pointed out some things that I might not have seen until it was too late.

Thanks to all and now it's time for me to do a little homework of my own.

I‘ve been looking at $500. Plus scopes with the illuminated mil dot and even on low they look blurry to me.

Trijicon accupoint has been the only one that does not look blurry.

PM returned.

One thing I forgot was the illumination is lithium battery powered & has a long life on one battery. Just remember to turn off the illumination and it should last a couple of years.

Barry

TXCOONDOG,

I'm late to the party but I took a leap of faith and bought a Trijicon 3-9x40 with an amber chevron reticle. For quick acquisition, the reticle works great, actually better than expected. If you're PD shooting, I wouldn't recommend the chevron, small targets at long distances is a bit problematic at with the bar in the way.

In low light conditions, as advertised, it performs flawlessly. Actually, the bezel you turn on the eye piece to squelch the light in sunlight needs to be used in bright moon conditions. It gets too bright wide open, which is a good thing IMO. Point being, you have a full range of brightness settings even in low light, via no batteries.

Rocky1 is spot on in his description of their products. Like others have said, amber isn't the most popular color and there's deal out there on them on gunbroker and fleabay.

Good luck and let us know what you decide on.

Eric

ohmy.gif

Leupold VX-R or Trijicon????

Looked at the VX-R & Accupoint side by side they both look pretty good, and right now my eyes like the Accupoint.

The crosshairs were nice, but the post was different and unobstructed......I see how you control the fiber optic, but I did not see how to control the tritruim so I'm guessing that you can't.

I need to think about this a while longer.

Any comments about the crosshairs vs post or one vs the other?????

Back