Kitten distress sounds

They work well for me in My location. First time I used them I had 4 coyotes staring at the caller. Im not too far from other ranches and feral cats are out and about. No doubt easy prey for Coyotes. Also on a Hunt with a buddy on BLM land, miles from any houses, that sound also brought a pair in. I have 3 foxpro sounds with kittens, and " Kitten cries" is the loudest to my ear, You cant go wrong having that sound in your caller. JMO.. Good luck.

I don't have that sound. However, both Red Fox & coyote like cat. A handfull of yrs ago a neighbor seen a coyote running from a farmyard with a cat in it's mouth.

Not long ago[pup rearing time] I found a coyote den with 2-coon & 4-cat carcass[remains] nearby. See coyotes aren't all bad?

Coyote den site.
Entrance hole [carcass pile to the upper right of hole]
5ce58623.jpg

Exit hole[carcass pile to the upper left of hole]
906deb1b.jpg

La'meow

Last edited:
Kitten distress can help get you out of a slump. I have called in some with new born baby cry! Seriously. And no, I didn't get the call from MY son, I found it online.

I've tried it a few times, without success. One night, when I was hard up after a dozen or more blank stands, I used it and called up a pair for a hunter and his son. I think that was the only time I called one in with it.

Tony

I have tried kittens without much success, but I can tell you that coyotes sure don't like the sound of a meowing cat. I have thrown out the meowing cat call on several occassions, and had yotes come charging in.

We had a big bobcat hang up about 250 yards out one night, and tried 6 or 8 different sounds and he just sat there. We tried the kittens and he finally started on in. After about 15 minutes he got to about 100 yards and we got him. He weighed 34 lbs. the second biggest we ever shot.

I've used it with success. I have it on the foxpro and also use a primos catnip. Usually get calls from the area farm wives when they start losing their farm cats due to coyotes. It's not something I use on a regular basis but it has worked for me in the past.

Back