H335

Tjkiller

Its Official!!! Both of my CZ 527 Kevlar Varmints absolutely LOVE H335. Both the 204 and 223 shoot 5ds in one little hole at 100yds. thought Id share!

i think i still got a pic of the 223 groups, ill look around later., didnt take any of the 204 today, cameraless.
The 223 shoots anything pretty good but the magic load is 69 SMK in front of 23 gr H335. meticulous brass prep as well. Rem cases. the key i think is the length, just off the rifling (2.282). The 204 shoots H335 very well, not so much for the Re10, Varget was OK (under an 1MAO). 26.5 gr was the best group, all 5 touching. The 40 grain Vmax has to seated deeper, but with that charge it shot well. Im just glad to have a powder i can use for both. 204 was WIn cases. Both CCI 400s, all were outside neck turned and weighed.

I also started running Fiocchi 40 gr vmax in the rock river, tell you what,,,, that is some quality factory ammo. Shoots absolutely outstanding. We just nailed 1000 rds to the door for under 400$,(cheaper than dirt)

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeH335 is candy to the .223 clan.

It sure is! I've been shooting the surplus version with excellent results.

Here's a little blast from the past. I grew up in the Kansas City area and was able to get powder from Hodgdons directly. When Bruce Hodgdon first began selling the reclaimed H335 he was trying to get some publicity for it and sold it to the BR shooters cheap to hopefully win a few matches with it. There were several guys that bought that powder a $1 a pound. I bought 100 pounds and went to pick it up it was setting there in 2 cardboard boxes with black trashcan liners full of 50 pounds of 335 each. I shot every flake of that powder, some of it in the matches and some of it in the P-dog towns.

SShooterZ,

What is the surplus version of H335? I have been interested in trying surplus powder, and I have great results with H335 in my .223, Savage, model 11.

Surplus 335 can be a batch that the military scrapped for some reason or simply unloaded from a rejected batch of loaded rounds. It is helpful knowing where it came from but not necessary. I just finished using up some military surplus from 1989. Don't know it's history exactly, but it shot great in my 223. Now I have some from pulled down loads. It shoots nice right at the same loads.

Most of it is great stuff.

ALWAYS work up your load from each batch as they can vary quite a bit.

Originally Posted By: Lok8ayoteSShooterZ,

What is the surplus version of H335? I have been interested in trying surplus powder, and I have great results with H335 in my .223, Savage, model 11.

Typically it is WC844. You can find it from any of the online surplus sellers like Hi Tech Ammo, Wideners and Jeff Bartlett.

You'll need to work your loads up for signs of pressure but it is definitely good stuff.

Back