Folding hunting seat used by Les Johnson?

Teamroper

I was hoping with 35,000+ members someone out there can answer my question. Who makes the folding hunting seat that Les Johnson is using nowadays on his TV show, Predator Quest? My seat (and sometimes my butt) is starting to get worn out and I need a new one, hunting seat that is. Thought I might try one of those if I can find out who makes it. Thanks for any input.

i believe he sells them on his website, i bought one a couple of years ago from sportsman's warehouse. the one i bought had a different camo print but from looking at les's chair it looks exactly the same. i can't remember who made it, but it works great.

don't ask me how she remembered this, but my wife said the seat is made by beard buster. i googled it and she was right.

Last edited:
alps makes a good chair and cabela's turkey lounger is also a nice chair the both have backs and are low to the ground,if you can't find his

I also use the one you linked to. The fold down back is nice on realy cold days you can leave it down and it insulates your butt. The one downfall is the rounded legs they tend to act like sled runners in icy conditions.

motorcyleandscabard004.jpg

AWS

Last edited:
I use this one. I love it. No back but I always find a tree or rock or something to lean against. It is the H.S. Strut turkey seat. $15.00 bucks.
IMG_0104.jpg

Does the Wing Supply seat have a sturdy back rest? That seat looks like something I might be interested in, but I need good back support. I know some of the foam turkey seats are too flexible for good support.

The seat looks rather small, which may not be a bad thing since I will need to pack it in luggage for travel.

The pic I posted above of my seat does not have a back but in Pennsylvania I always find some kind of rest to lean against....tree, fence post. farm equipment, big rock, wood pile,
hay bail,,,,I could go on all night but you get the idea.
AND if I can't find something I just set on it the way it is. I can't set as long or as still without a back rest but I can make it 30 minutes or so.

Everyone is searching using the wrong words. Try searching Google or looking at your local Academy store for a Stadium Seat.

This is the seat Les Johnson uses. This version is without the pack. Looks to be a very comfortable seat. I wish I could somehow combine a seat like this with FoxPro's new vest. If one could, then they would have the ultimate set up.
cartloom-6-thumbnail_1.jpg

Originally Posted By: Ursus21This is the seat Les Johnson uses. This version is without the pack. Looks to be a very comfortable seat. I wish I could somehow combine a seat like this with FoxPro's new vest. If one could, then they would have the ultimate set up.
cartloom-6-thumbnail_1.jpg

OK, but who makes this one?

Teamroper, what do you mean, like who manufactures it? Les, sells this seat right off of his website, so I guess never really concerned myself with who sewed it together.

I've tried quite a few seats. This is a little off the OP, but you did as for "any input".

There's a seat I got from making a donation once and it's pretty much a Barka Lounger. It's ok and it has a pocket in the back that fits my Foxpro and my decoy. Downside is don't know how to get another one (and I had to reinforce the straps etc).

I've tried the ALPS seat and that's too heavy/loud so I won't use it.

Then there was the Cabela's Speedy Yote seat/pack. The seat was great but a fanny pack set up just doesn't work for me.

What I have settled in now is my Badlands Superday pack and I attached the Speedseat from my Cabela's Speedy Yote. That's my current set up:

IMG_1998.jpg

I use the seat with the pack on and without. With is ROCK steady. Without when it's hot.

Sendit

I also use the simple stadium seat that K/Wal-Marts sell, but i customize it a bit by resewing the female end of the side straps closer to the seat so it gives me WAY better back support when tightened up. I also cover it with a burlap bag that seems to be tailor-made for it. I also attach another snap to the ends of the side straps to carry it hands-free around my waist. This type of seat acts as a 1/2 shooting mat as well when needed. Just unsnap and lay it flat.

Originally Posted By: Ursus21Teamroper, what do you mean, like who manufactures it? Les, sells this seat right off of his website, so I guess never really concerned myself with who sewed it together.

I have tried to pull it up on my computer at home and could never find it, until this morning. I'm using my computer at work so I don't know if that makes a differnce or not. Have went on his website numerous times in the past couple of month with no luck. That's what I wanted. Thanks for all the help guys. Guess I'm getting a little old and can't see for squat. LOL

Back