9mm, 115g Berrys Plated Bullets, suggestions?

Hooked

Just wondering if anyone has used these 115g Berrys Plated Bullets with any of these powders; Unique,Accurate#7 or Accurate #9 ? I picked up 500 rnds of these bullets and a pound of Unique powder, but now I`m not real sure if Unique will be a good choice (?). Looks like the Unique would work well with a reg.Jacketed bullet.
I don`t shoot my Ruger P89 much, but seeing how I picked up 2 five gal. buckets full of once fired 9mm brass, figuring I will plink with it more.
In the future I will probably just pay $5 more and get the Hornady Jacketed.
Also- this will be my first `auto pistol reloads.

After much debate on which powder to use, Accurate #7 which I could find specific load data for plated bullets, or to use Unique and go by the Berrys web page which says to use data for a regular jacketed bullet but not exceed the mid load; The suggested start load for Unique (jacketed bullet) worked good enough for what I was after. 10 rnds inside 4" at 25 feet and no malfunctions, with a total of 20rnds fired just to check it out.
thumbup.gif

I switched over to Ramshot's Silhouette powder since it has load data for my 9mms, .40s, and 10mms... I found that 5.1gr with a 124gr Berry RN is really accurate out of my SigPro 9mm...

Thanks for the tip OT.
This was the first time I have loaded anything for my 9mm. I have had this P89 for about 17 years and only shot it maybe 250 rnds or so.Now that I have buckets of brass I suppose it will get used much more.
It has been quite awhile since I have had this pistol out of the safe and these loads (5.1g Unique w/115g plated)seem to be low powered from what I rememberd the last time shooting factory 115g FMJ.Anyhow they worked fine so I`m happy with it for now.Good practice..I pulled the first three rounds down very low.

Unique will work well. I got a pound from my brother's loading
supplies when he passed. I tested it in the 9mm, and it shot
plated bullets as well as other powders I load with. It was
a tad bit dirtier that Universal, my practice pistol ammo
powder, but it shoots good consistent groups. I use Hodgdon
Universal in practice ammo for 380 Auto, 9mm Luger, 40 S&W,
10mm Auto, and 45 Auto, as well as clays, and some mid power
game, loads for 28 ga., 20 ga. and 12 ga. shotshells...I buy
the stuff by the barrel! It burns clean, and shoots well.

For SD ammo for pistols, Blue Dot seems to test out better
over the chronograph, for the 40/45 caliber cartridges. I
use Universal for 380 Auto SD ammo, and have used it in 9mm
JHPs, but I have the new Hodgdon Longshot on the shelf now,
and it looks good on paper for the 9mm Luger.

Squeeze

Back