Rifle Basix vs. Timney

cathntr

Im wanting to switch out the trigger on my Stevens .223 and was wondering which one would be the better choice and why. I believe the rifle basix adjust from 14oz to 3 pounds while the Timney adjust from 1 to 4 pounds. Either one can be had from Midway for about the same price so thats not going to be the deciding factor. This is my go to hunting rifle so its need to function properly while still being safe. Dont want any accidental discharges if i were to drop the rifle. Which one would you choose? Thanks in advance. Josh

I don't know very much of anything about the rifle basix triggers as I have never owned one, however I have owned a ton of different Timneys and give them my whole hearted endorsement. They are good triggers and I have never had a problem with them sending a round by accident.

I run some of both the R'Basix and Timney triggers. There's nothing wrong with either but I prefer the trigger shoe shape on my R'Basix triggers. My favorite model is the LV1 which goes from 8-24oz. I like mine set at about 10-12oz. You really won't go wrong with either one. I've also heard some very good things about the Shillen trigger, though I have no personal experience with one.

RB-great service and great triggers. A short story about RB triggers. I sent one in for service, clean and adjust. I bought it used from a friend and wanted it checked out and adjusted. It ended up getting lost in the mail. Cliff, Clint, (not sure of the correct name) took me for my word that the trigger was honestly lost in the mail and he sent me a new one, on his dime, FREE! It just don't get any better than that. Rifle Basix wins in my books everytime.

I have a couple Rifle Basix triggers, the first one I bought I was installing and could not get it installed in the rifle, I called Rifle Basix and found out that I had ordered the wrong trigger. Rifle Basix sent me the right trigger (the cost was $20 more) at no charge. I have been very happy with my Rifle Basix triggers. I have no experience with Timney.

I've got two Rifle Basix and tuned a third on a buddies Savage. I have the LV-1K on my SPS varmint still set around 10oz. as it came shipped and one on my 17HMR Marlin 917V that I had to tune a little. I had to sharpen up the edges of the sear on my buddies Savage trigger, but it was no trouble and is crisp and light, but very safe.

I bought the trigger for the 917V and ordered the wrong one. I realized it before I installed it. I called the distributor and they told me tough luck. I'd have to order another trigger. I called Rifle Basix and told him what the deal was. He sent me the correct trigger and covered the shipping to me. I sent them the wrong one back, no trouble at all. That's great service and will have me coming back for more.

Sounds like everyones vote is for the Rigle Basix. Guess thats the one ill go with as well. Thanks for the replies and good hunting. Josh

I put the basix savage 2 trigger on my pre accutrigger FP10 and have it set at 1.5lbs and its very sweet & crisp.

Back