Brand New 22-250 AR15

My knee jerk reaction was also "why 1 in 14"? As I think about it however, the 22-250 and 55grn bullets are THE perfect combination. Aside from shooting 150lb+ game or at match ranges, there isn't need for more.

I have not been able to jump on to the AR bandwagon up to this point. I'm afraid this could entice me over to the DARKSIDE! We will see!
cry.gif

Originally Posted By: Ricky BobbyI have not been able to jump on to the AR bandwagon up to this point. I'm afraid this could entice me over to the DARKSIDE! We will see!
cry.gif

It's not a band wagon, it's a freight train. And for good reason. A 22-250 could be close to the perfect PD set up.

Originally Posted By: Twistrate300 OSSM sounds yummy and price seems reasonable

Yeah, check out the ballistics on that round. Opening up the lower to allow a longer OAL is going to help that round even more, too.

Originally Posted By: Ricky BobbyI have not been able to jump on to the AR bandwagon up to this point. I'm afraid this could entice me over to the DARKSIDE! We will see!
cry.gif

you wont regret it. I used to be a hardcore bolt gun guy. now my 4th ar is being built!

Very nice Olympic Arms. I'd jump on one of those. But I have one of your 243WSSM AR's. Best long range coyote thumper I ever owned.

Quote:Could you use a standard lower for this?
No, The mag well is to short and the round wont fit in it.

Quote:With the longer mag well, factory wssm ammo would work just fine right?
The longer factory rounds should fit just fine. The shorter wssm rounds are already in use in some of our other models.

Quote:Though I'd much rather see it with a skeleton stock vs. the A2. How customizable will these be?

There are four Factory options offered that we don't consider accessories (Optics, Bipods, etc.).
Barrel Fluting
Ace Stock
CCM Trigger
Bipod Mount (BPM)

Quote:Why the 1:14 in the .224 calibers?

We tested the 1:10 and the MOA was not what we were hoping for. We are getting a more desirable result at the 1:14. We Offer the .223 WSSM in three different twists for your preference(1:14, 1:8, 1:10). However we only offer the 22-250 in 1:14.

Originally Posted By: dzlfarmboyOlympic,

So with this lower you could run alot longer COAL with our .243wssm for longer VLD bullets? Instead of modifiying mags.

I'm not sure you mean by modifying your mags, but with the designed mag for this lower you can have an overall max round length of 2.420".

Well some guys running the .243wssm and shooting the 105 A-Max and 105 VLD bullets have been notching out the front of Pmags to give them a longer Mag length over the standard 2.260 OAL

Is Oly going to sell the lowers for these rifles? I have one of Mike's (Dtech) 243 WSSM uppers and would love to be able to load VLD's and not have to worry about squeezing them into the mag.

blacksheep

Originally Posted By: BLACKSHEEPIs Oly going to sell the lowers for these rifles? I have one of Mike's (Dtech) 243 WSSM uppers and would love to be able to load VLD's and not have to worry about squeezing them into the mag.

Yes! They will be available as either Stripped (which with this lower comes with the bolt catch) or as assembled. They will be available purchase come Oct 1 as well.

Wow too bad I just bought a 22-250 bolt gun a couple months ago and just recently got a 1911 so I'm going to pass on this one. I think I would get one in 243 (maybe), make it a long range shooter. But still looks and sounds pretty awesome!

Originally Posted By: jinxed247How much are the uppers going to run?

It will accept any MIL SPEC Upper receiver, so the WSSM/OSSM uppers that are already available on the market will work on this lower. The Lower really is the key to this firearm not the upper. If you're looking for a 22-250 upper it won't work on any lower receiver other than this one. Being as this is the only lower the 22-250 can function on we have yet to determine a price for just a complete 22-250 upper receiver.

Back