Brand New 22-250 AR15

Olympic Arms

UMAR-Bench.jpg

Coming October 1st 2011 the UMAR (Ultimate Magnum AR) will be released to the public.

It will feature:
A 24” match grade bull barrel made from 416 stainless steel
Predator Rifle length Handguard
FIRSH (rail) mounted sling swivel
Gas Block with rail
ERGO Tactical deluxe pistol grip
A2 stock
Proprietary 5 round caliber specific magazine
Proprietary lower receiver
Twist Rates .22-250 REM (1x14) .223 WSSM (1x14) .243 WSSM (1x10) .25 WSSM (1x10) .300 OSSM (1x12)

This proprietary lower receiver design has an elongated magazine well to fit the larger 22-250 round as well as a .300 OSSM with a 168 grain bullet.

The top lower is a standard magazine well and the bottom is the UMAR Lower.
Magwell.jpg

The UMAR lower receiver will accept MIL Spec upper receivers and standard magazines. The bolt catch hole has been threaded so you can easily change out the bolt catch when switching from a 22-250 or WSSM/OSSM to 5.56 NATO, 6.8 SPC, etc.

This will MSRP at $1428.70

It has been in the field for a few months with our sponsored hunter Dustin Butler of www.predatordown.com

First off, Welcome to Predator Masters!! Second, will they come dressed like the one in the photo with the Mag-Pul stock?

OOPS, just re-read the post, A-2 stock.

Last edited:
Gotta have one in .22-250. But I bet the weight will be around what a .308 AR is. Bet it is heavy. But who cares. It will be .22-250
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: drakekyGotta have one in .22-250. But I bet the weight will be around what a .308 AR is. Bet it is heavy. But who cares. It will be .22-250
thumbup.gif

It will be no where near as heavy. Look at the pictures again. Look at the back of the magazine well and the bolt catch. This is exactly how I envisioned in getting a 22-250 to work in a AR-15 platform. I didn't have the resources to get it done, but I am sure glad that Olyarms has. I will be getting one...or three. Now, if I could incorporate that lower with my 6.5 Grendel also.....

I was just thinking the other day about how no one offered a 22-250 AR. Mighta just found my Christmas present.

Though I'd much rather see it with a skeleton stock vs. the A2. How customizable will these be?

Last edited:
Back