Night hunting shotgun bead

Ward H.

I have an old and very experienced Super Black Eagle I. What kind of bead do yall recommend to put on it for some night gunning?

thanks

For me a shotgun and pistol have always been a point and shoot style gun never really paid attention to the sights but any fiber optic would work. I would stick with just a front site instead of a front and rear sight. I also know a couple people that use red dot sights for night calling and really like them.

I would stay away from the fiber optic beads for night hunting as they require a form of ambient light to be effective..

The radium (tritium) dots will show up in the total darkness much easier...This company handles ones for shotguns,,, You might want to download their catalog..

http://xssights.com/

Leupold DeltaPoint. Its a holographic sight and alot more expensive but you will definately be able to see it. I also think Burris makes one called a Speed Bead for your particular shotgun. I use the leupold all the time for beavers and hogs at night. It makes it real simple, just put the dot on em and pull the trigger.

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleI would stay away from the fiber optic beads for night hunting as they require a form of ambient light to be effective..

The radium (tritium) dots will show up in the total darkness much easier...This company handles ones for shotguns,,, You might want to download their catalog..

http://xssights.com/

Been thinking on getting something like that myself.

Do you have a kill light attached to your barrel?

The reason I ask is that I have no problem seeing the bead at the end of my barrel, on the rare occurrence that I even use it.

Most shots are up close and personal, as mentioned earlier, point and shoot is all that is required.

I tape a small glow stick to the barrel...The kind that you will find in the fishing department at walmart...I use black tape and cover the whole thing except the tip...

little dab of glow in the dark paint from a craft store on the back side of the bead works. It will pick up any spill from your scanning light. if not, it's white so it stands out pretty good.

I use a Meprolight tritium bead on my 11-87. Unscrew the factory bead and screw in the mepro. Works great! and only cost $25.00 + shipping.

Originally Posted By: BrockPAI tape a small glow stick to the barrel...The kind that you will find in the fishing department at walmart...I use black tape and cover the whole thing except the tip...

I have done that myself. It works.

Back