SWFA Super Sniper

getfoxy

It seems like this scope gets alot of good press; especially for the money. I have looked them over several times and read review after review.

What I want to know is..1)Does anyone here actualy use it or have used it? 2) What is your opinion on it?

Thanks in advance
thumbup.gif

A friend of mine has one and he likes it. Only thing he don't like about it, is the 10 x 42 fixed power. Wishes he would have bought a 3-9 x 42. I have been to the range with him and used the scope. The glass is very nice and the windage and elevation knobs work real good.

0803111612.jpg

I have the fixed 6x. It is an AWESOME scope. No issues in my few months of use. It tracks like a champ, the AO is spot on, and it has great glass. I have zero regrets.

I have put a lot rounds through my savage .223 with a 16x SS on it, and I consider it a bargain for the use and performance it has given me. If I had more camera/internet skills I would post some pictures of a "box test" I shot with it; the tracking is very good. The focus ring just in front of the eye piece on this model is nice as well, especially for a lefty shooter like me. I have no experience with their variable power scopes, but I would have no problem buying one based on my experience with this one.

I've had the Tasco-built fixed 20X on a .22-250 groundhog rifle for 4 years now. Some of the older ones vary in quality depending on when made. Mine seems to be a rugged scope, but leaves a little to be desired in glass quality, the clicks aren't well-defined and the controls stick at first if not used for a while (e.g.: when you do need to make an adjustment in windage or elevation, it will then jump several clicks if not careful; they do seem to be accurate and hold zero so far, though.) The rear focus is kind of neat, and it will focus down fairly close. Will probably sell it for a Weaver Grand slam soon, though, for a little less weight and better glass (but not as much adjustment range) for not much more $. Overall: kind of unique and a decent scope for the money. The new 3-9X is in another class, and its higher price reflects that.

Originally Posted By: deathwind III've had the Tasco-built fixed 20X on a .22-250 groundhog rifle for 4 years now. Some of the older ones vary in quality depending on when made.

He's talking the SWFA current production ones. I have not dealt with a Tasco made Super Sniper, but I am fairly certain the new production ones will run circles around them.

Please do not confuse the Tasco Super Sniper with the SWFA. The only thing common to these scopes is the name. Totally different manufacturers. SWFA bought the name only.

Tasco = junk

SWFA = first class

I am a huge SS fan/user. I have had or still have one of everything they have. From the 6x, 10x, 10xSF, 16x, and 20X fixed, to the 1-4, 3-9 and now 5-20 variables as well as the 10xHD fixed. They are an incredible deal. Chris Farris didn't cut any corners when he bought the rights to the Super Sniper name and revamped it. They stand behind them scopes too. Their warranty is about like Vortex's except you won't hear much about it cause very few use it.

History 101- Tasco marketed the Super Sniper for a while, stopped, SFWA/Chris Farris bought the rights, he beefed it up and made it a quality scope. I think they still sent original Tasco manuals with them for a long time but thats only to save cost of having to make new ones.

I have two in 20x42 and yes they are just as good as everybody says. They have about 105 moa and mine will adjust down to about 25yds for me.

If your not used to a fixed power scope simply take the time to learn to use and adjust it, you'll be supprised at what they will do. blue

Last edited:
I thought the glass was okay, but nothing to write home about.

The turrets on mine were not the best. Kinda mushy feeling. One was audible, the other wasn't.

Tracking out to 600 yds. seemed to work correctly.

Not a bad scope for the money......

100_0655.jpg

But not this either.....

100_0392.jpg

I've been seeing a lot of positive comments lately, and very few negative.
I think if I was buying a scope in that price range right now it'd be a SS or a Sightron.

If you mean the cap on the post i will say yes, were they smooth before? Mine are exactly as pictured on the add for them at swfa, and my clicks are very audible on both turrents. blue

Back