What are some good 270 WSM dies

Buster Hindend

I'm getting a custom built 270 WSM. This will be my first custom built rifle.

I'm really wanting some good quality dies to produce some quality rounds.

I don't own any, but have heard positive comments on Redding and Forster

If anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate it. Also, what particular dies in a company, ie, competition, etc.

Thanks

Buster,
Forster dies are good stuff.
This place has pretty good prices too:

http://www.gunstop.com/Store/Reloading%20Dies/Forster-Products-Inc/FOR-004841

The competition seater dies work great if you are loading several different bullets for the same caliber, and they're easier to set up initially.
If you're only going to be loading one bullet in that caliber you just adjust the regular seater where you want it and forget it.

Last edited:
After using RCBS, Redding, and Forster the Redding sizing die is my least favorite, especially for my 270 WSM. No matter what I do I get oil dents on the shoulders which doesn't happen with any of my other dies. The Redding doesn't have a vent hole which I believe contributes to the problem. I've read that the use of Imperial Sizing Wax will prevent the dents (I'm old fashioned and use RCBS case lube) but I just use the Forster sizer that came with the Competition seater and have no problems. I would definitely spend the extra $ and buy a comp. seater. It makes load development much easier because you can vary the cartridge overall length and return to a previous setting very easily without having a bunch of dummy rounds laying around.

Back