Savage Model 12 Stock Options

HeadHunter204

I have a Savage Model 12 in synthetic/stainless with the 26" heavy barrel. I feel as if the factory stock is just way to cheap to be on the gun an would like something a little more fitting for the gun. Are there any other options besides the duramaxx stocks? Also, if anyone has any pics of their model 12's please post! Thanks guys.

Richard's will make you up a nice one. Tom.

IMG_0405.jpg

Oh I like the duramaxx, just wanted a few more options. I'm currently looking at the black with gray webbing duramaxx. Just wanna see more options before I decide exactly what I want.

Are you looking for wood or synthetic and how much do you want to spend? McMillan, Manners can make you a stock or some others that are available like.
From left to right Stockade woodchuck, HS Precsion, B&C Medalist
They are all pretty nice stocks and all have a alum bedding block and alum skeleton. Also try Stockystocks he has a pretty good selection of synthetic and laminated wood.

2011-08-15_18-52-09_172.jpg

2011-08-15_18-52-44_529.jpg

2011-08-15_18-53-08_764.jpg

Rich I like all 3 of those, and I'm looking for something synthetic. What are they priced at? (If you don't mind me asking) I really like the Stockade one. Not to be a tight wad but I'd like to stay under 300

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HeadHunter204Rich I like all 3 of those, and I'm looking for something synthetic. What are they priced at? (If you don't mind me asking) I really like the Stockade one. Not to be a tight wad but I'd like to stay under 300

The Stockade starts at $175 but you need to smooth it out and paint it or they are $300 totally done.

The wait time is the worst part I think he is about 16 weeks.

Last edited:
Hunter

you can get any of them for $300 or less. The B&C Medalist is $200 for the black one and the HS & Stockade were right at 300.
Stocky usually has the HS & B&C in stock

You have to order it for you action screw spacing you can get all of them in the 4.25 stagger feed and 4.40 for the center feed actions

I think you can get all of them in either size.

This is the website for Stockades.

PS make sure to have a bunch of free time if you call Kevin, he likes to talk.

Originally Posted By: 1badsheeManners stocks are nice, great people to deal with also.

Nice stocks, just not in his budget.

Back