ONE stand TWO shots & THREE dead coyotes!!

TCook

We finally got a little cooler weather so me & ARDave went out for a quick stand before work yesterday morning. A few minutes into our first & only setup we have a pair come running in hard. When they stopped at about 25-30yds with the lead coyote just in front of & slightly to the left of the back one I pulled a little trick I learned turkey hunting on em! I put the bead of the 12gauge on the right side edge of the lead coyotes head & pulled the trigger. Down they went, a true double! As soon as I shot Dave let loose with the pup distress & a couple mins later a third coyote comes out for a look & Dave drops her with the rifle at about 40yds. We ended the morning with one stand, two shots, three coyotes, & a damm now it's time for work!

Two with one shot
[img:left]
predators053.jpg
[/img]

coyote #3
predators048.jpg
[/img]

End results
predators024.jpg
[/img]

Two in one is easy, you have the get four with one shot to be really good!
J/K that's awesome, sounds like you guys had a great morning!
thumbup.gif

Wow, Torry. Nice couple of weeks. World record gar. Two coyotes - one shot.

What's next? An Arkansas mountain lion?
wink.gif

Great stuff, Torry. To continued good luck.

That would be quite the mount. Record weight Arkansas male cougar, carrying a World record gar in it's mouth. As it totes two coyotes riding bareback[one riding side saddle as it is a female ya know]. Priceless!

Originally Posted By: boandmeTwo in one is easy, you have the get four with one shot to be really good!
J/K that's awesome, sounds like you guys had a great morning!
thumbup.gif

Thanks man, & if I could get 4 to line up just right I'd dang sure give it a try!
Originally Posted By: kirbyWell now, that qualifys you for the [Gar-ote Hunter] of the year award
wink.gif

Hey kirby, I know that's a heck of a combination. Seems like it's always coyotes & something depending on time of year. Deer/coyotes, turkey/coyotes, gar/coyotes, etc, etc. I try to stay after the coyotes & a little bit of everything else too. I even chase whitetail at night!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Crimson RaptorWow, Torry. Nice couple of weeks. World record gar. Two coyotes - one shot.

What's next? An Arkansas mountain lion?
wink.gif

Great stuff, Torry. To continued good luck.
Thanks Raptor, & I'll be sure to shoot that AR mt. lion if I see. Probably won't tell y'all about him though!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: kirbyThat would be quite the mount. Record weight Arkansas male cougar, carrying a World record gar in it's mouth. As it totes two coyotes riding bareback[one riding side saddle as it is a female ya know]. Priceless!
I don't know about the other stuff, but I am planning to mount the gar or do a replica.

It's been a heck of a past couple weeks buddy...Good shootin' on those yotes. You and Dave are wearin' 'em out. I'm just glad it cooled off some for ya. 114 degrees when I was down there was just a smidge too hot to hunt! LOL

Originally Posted By: jasonpredhunterIt's been a heck of a past couple weeks buddy...Good shootin' on those yotes. You and Dave are wearin' 'em out. I'm just glad it cooled off some for ya. 114 degrees when I was down there was just a smidge too hot to hunt! LOL
Yeah, not being able to get in a little coyote hunting while you were down is the only thing about our trip that didn't work out as planned. That badazz diaphragm howling of yours had em' singing ever night though & they're lucky it was to hot to hunt. Otherwise I think they'd be short a few singers!

Back