Boyd's/Savage : Trigger Guard Issue

spotshot

I got my Boyds stock today for my Savage Model 11 synthetic stock. Everything fit right except the trigger guard. I wanted to get a metal guard anyway. What trigger guard do i order? Is this one of those slight modifications I need to do? Thanks for any help.

I have a Boyd's thumbhole on order right now (for a Remington Model 7) and am expecting all my stock stuff to bolt right up. I don't understand quite what the original poster is trying to do? Are you saying Model 11 came with a plastic trigger guard that did not fit, but the aftermarket metal ones people told you about are known to fit?

If your original trigger guard doesn't fit then the stock is probably not inletted correctly. The metal one you buy will be identical to the plastic in size.

some of them require a little bit of sanding and fitting to make them work and some dont. its not a big deal to do it. get a dremel and do a little sanding. i had to do it on mine for the trigger guard and for the mag to drop in.

Boyds emailed back and said I should sand it to fit my "oversized" plastic trigger guard. I went ahead and ordered a metal one from Midway that looked a little thinner at the front screw hole. I did kill a coyote this morning at 379 yards with the plastic stock so I can wait! I did hurry to the truck before it got too hot to melt the plastic.

Back