Updates for the Sierra 5th edition reloading Manuel?

The Virginian

I purchased the Sierra 5th Edition reloading manual to start my load development for .204 Ruger using Blitzkings. When I received it there wasn't even a section for the .204, so i called their tech center. I was told that the Ruger .204 came out after this book was printed. I asked when the book was printed or last updated, answer; 2003. I'm like holy cow! How can this be? I was told it's too much trouble to update the book every year. They emailed the data to me.

Is this the norm?

Eric

My experience is that they will freely send you any info on any cartridge that they have data on.

Yes its pretty common, none of the big bullet companys that I am aware of update annually.

Hodgdons does their paperback job annually but alot of that is rehash of old info.

Since they give you the updates for free....where is the problem ?

Sorry Eric I'll agree with skb on this matter. There is a page in the front of any book that contains the date of pulication. Imagine the manpower it would take to retest all those loads every time they update. Many changes are made due to the addition of new bullets and powders.

Last edited:
I understand that the info is available upon request via email, etc. But i would think that an update in the last 8 years is not asking a whole lot. How about sending purchasers an addendum when you purchase their book?

I would assume it is still possible to go to their web-site and print the data off. I did that several years ago, it was in the page format that would fit in their manual.

My last Sierra manual didn't even have the BC's of the bullets in it. Yes, they sent me a spreadsheet of the BC's but it's not easy to read and it doesn't fit in the binder well.

Nosler didn't have load data for the 69 gr match in .223. Downloadable but only 2 powders.

Nope, bought my last manual unless things change.

Originally Posted By: joedMy last Sierra manual didn't even have the BC's of the bullets in it. Yes, they sent me a spreadsheet of the BC's but it's not easy to read and it doesn't fit in the binder well.

Nosler didn't have load data for the 69 gr match in .223. Downloadable but only 2 powders.

Nope, bought my last manual unless things change.

Agreed!

Thanks for the link zilla!

Back