204 Ruger -35gr Berger Hollow Points FlatBase For coyotes?

tom223

I was thinking on trying these bullets for coyotes. Has anyone used these. Do they do alot of damage? Tom

Last edited:
Very good results here, lots of "internal" damage.
smile.gif
Seriously though, they are a very fine bullet out of the 204 for coyotes with very minimal pelt damage.

As stated above, minimal damage to the hide and will put them down. I load the for my wifes 204. They are an excellent bullet.

I shot about ten coyotes with that bullet last winter after switching from the 32 grain Vmax. I had good results with minimal pelt damage. I did get several exits but all were small with only a little bit of sewing required. I'm going to keep shooting them in my Ruger 204. I just got a WOA upper for my Rock River lower and am going to try 40 grain Bergers in it. Both shoot excellent but the 40's have a lot better ballistic coefficient. I'll be anxious to see what kind of damage they do.

Originally Posted By: drhartI shot about ten coyotes with that bullet last winter after switching from the 32 grain Vmax. I had good results with minimal pelt damage. I did get several exits but all were small with only a little bit of sewing required. I'm going to keep shooting them in my Ruger 204. I just got a WOA upper for my Rock River lower and am going to try 40 grain Bergers in it. Both shoot excellent but the 40's have a lot better ballistic coefficient. I'll be anxious to see what kind of damage they do. The 40gr Nosler has a even better BC. without the reputation of "splashes" like the V-max's(which have a even better BC) The Nosler's do quite a bit if damage when exiting though. I haven't shot a coyote with the 40gr Berger yet but they weren't bad on woodchucks. good luck.

I just bought a box of 35's for my 204.. Gonna give em a try with my pet load of IMR3031.. I am using Berger 40's now with great success..
I found em in Salt Lake for $22 a box/100

Well now it's offeeecial. I love the 35 Berger In my 204. Best group yet with IMR3031, Rem 7-1/2, 35 Berger. 6 shots in 5/8". Now I just gotta find some more and get rid of all the 39 Sierra's and 40 Bergers I have accumulated..

Originally Posted By: tt35The 35 grain Berger is the bullet for fur in the .204 IMO.

My opinion too

Merdit, feeding problems with the older Savage rifles in that cartridge size were common, but I thought they fixed those issues.

Great bullet, with certain penetration every time.

My one buddy shoots these out of his Savage at about max load @ 26.6 of Benchmark. Ruger is the other friends rifle, who I just loaded 50 more of these for @ 26.0 of Benchmark at 2.265.

I was so impressed with these berger bullets that I'm going to lead with the 52 match target bullets in my 22-250 now. I think at the speeds I'll be able to drive these, they'll probably do fine for everything I aim at besides paper.

Back