Zeiss Optics
Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 29 of 30 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 >
Topic Options
#3155566 - 07/20/18 03:06 AM Re: Massachusetts predator hunters [Re: Mark2]
Sgt.Tony Offline

Loc: Western CT
I'm in western CT. No closed season here. But daylight only and no Sundays.

" An armed man is a citizen. A disarmed man is a subject" Lt. Col. Allen West

#3166225 - 10/09/18 09:21 AM Re: Massachusetts predator hunters [Re: Mark2]
masshunter Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: western mass
Opening day is coming up fast, sounds like it will be a bit cooler, maybe a frost to keep the ticks down. They have been taunting me almost every night.

#3166227 - 10/09/18 09:31 AM Re: Massachusetts predator hunters [Re: masshunter]
LARUEminati Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Western Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: masshunter
Opening day is coming up fast, sounds like it will be a bit cooler, maybe a frost to keep the ticks down. They have been taunting me almost every night.

Indeed! The season came up quick, I haven't even reloaded ammo for the season yet.

I'll be out Saturday but i'll probably wait for snow on the ground before I go out at night so at least I can see. It's tough with no snow even with a full moon.

Good luck!

#3166556 - 10/11/18 11:52 AM Re: Massachusetts predator hunters [Re: Mark2]
masshunter Offline
Die Hard Member

Took a walk this morning to check out for Saturday, and the archery opener, coyote droppings, deer tracks,and a bear track all in the same mud patch ! I'm pumped !

#3166603 - 10/11/18 03:28 PM Re: Massachusetts predator hunters [Re: masshunter]
LARUEminati Offline
Die Hard Member II

Took a walk this morning to check out for Saturday, and the archery opener, coyote droppings, deer tracks,and a bear track all in the same mud patch ! I'm pumped !

Nice, i'll be heading out your way. Probably call in the Worthington area.

I don't bow hunt but i'm sure i'll see some good sign that's COLD by the time shotgun rolls around.

Good luck!

#3166643 - 10/11/18 07:57 PM Re: Massachusetts predator hunters [Re: Mark2]
masshunter Offline
Die Hard Member

Good luck ! Love that big woods, but I'll be staying close to home the first day,family obligations in the afternoon.

#3167898 - 10/20/18 02:34 PM Re: Massachusetts predator hunters [Re: Mark2]
West.Mass.Hunter Online
Die Hard Member

Loc: Massachusetts
Any luck so far??

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target!

#3169306 - 10/29/18 04:46 PM Re: Massachusetts predator hunters [Re: West.Mass.Hunter]
LARUEminati Offline
Die Hard Member II

Originally Posted By: West.Mass.Hunter
Any luck so far??

NOPE

Tough year weatherwise for the 9-5 guys that only hunt Saturdays, been raining every Saturday since opening. I usually don't go out at night until we get snowfall, can't see much otherwise.

I'll be out this weekend then it's off to deer season out-of-state.

Good luck fella's, lets here it if you had success.

#3186136 - 01/16/19 11:51 PM Re: Massachusetts predator hunters [Re: Mark2]
masshunter Offline
Die Hard Member

After all the wind I got out Tuesday morning and on the second stand got a 41 pound female to one of the "showshoe rabbit" sounds. Must be 20 miles to the nearest snowshoe rabbit. This morning with the same sound I called in and rolled one, but couldn't find it after it ran off. Back windy as heck again. Anyone else getting out ?

#3186195 - 01/17/19 08:19 AM Re: Massachusetts predator hunters [Re: masshunter]
LARUEminati Offline
Die Hard Member II

After all the wind I got out Tuesday morning and on the second stand got a 41 pound female to one of the "showshoe rabbit" sounds. Must be 20 miles to the nearest snowshoe rabbit. This morning with the same sound I called in and rolled one, but couldn't find it after it ran off. Back windy as heck again. Anyone else getting out ?

Nice!! Snowshoe #2 is a sound I use quite a bit.

Went out Saturday looking for a cat, made 4 stands. Nothing. Hopefully will get out this Saturday before the storm rolls through and then you can't park anywhere anymore.

Good luck out there

#3186232 - 01/17/19 11:33 AM Re: Massachusetts predator hunters [Re: Mark2]
West.Mass.Hunter Online
Die Hard Member

Congrats masshunter, I haven't been out once. 2 guys short on my machine so I'm working 65+ hours a week, and to top that off my past 3 weekends (Wednesday and Thursday) I've had either a child or a wife home sick.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target!

#3187839 - 01/23/19 05:55 PM Re: Massachusetts predator hunters [Re: Mark2]
masshunter Offline
Die Hard Member

Went out to try the moon last night, did two sets right behind my house as the wind was perfect. No coyotes showed during my 45 min sets, 8:30 to 9:15, and 11:10 to midnight. My first set brought in a grey fox when I turned the sound down to 3, a lesson there I think. I kept him around for a live decoy. Also on both sets a big owl kept attacking my mojo critter that I always tie down. I did a big circle this morning and no fresh tracks that wern't there the day before, so I guess they were all out of hearing. I don't think the fox would have hung around if he smelled any yotes. Don't think I'll have any moon tonight with the rain.

#3187885 - 01/23/19 08:12 PM Re: Massachusetts predator hunters [Re: masshunter]
LARUEminati Offline
Die Hard Member II

Went out to try the moon last night, did two sets right behind my house as the wind was perfect. No coyotes showed during my 45 min sets, 8:30 to 9:15, and 11:10 to midnight. My first set brought in a grey fox when I turned the sound down to 3, a lesson there I think. I kept him around for a live decoy. Also on both sets a big owl kept attacking my mojo critter that I always tie down. I did a big circle this morning and no fresh tracks that wern't there the day before, so I guess they were all out of hearing. I don't think the fox would have hung around if he smelled any yotes. Don't think I'll have any moon tonight with the rain.

Gotta love those owls, iíve had two big fluffy ones come in this year.

Keep after em. Iíll be back out this weekend.

I havent seen a fox in a long time. Been a few years since ive called one.

#3187940 - 01/23/19 11:00 PM Re: Massachusetts predator hunters [Re: Mark2]
masshunter Offline
Die Hard Member

The fox stay close to houses now, I have them on the camera but seldom see tracks out in the woods.

#3190397 - 02/02/19 01:38 PM Re: Massachusetts predator hunters [Re: Mark2]
West.Mass.Hunter Online
Die Hard Member

I was FINALLY able to get out for the first time this 2018/2019 season. Between work, kids wrestling ,bball and the flu that hit all 5 of us in the house one week after another I never had the time. I went out wednesday am and made 4 stands with my father. First stand ended when my father shaved a coyote at 40 yards or so. I couldn't get a follow up shot and neither could he. Took about 21 minutes till that dog came in.
Next 3 stands were blanks.
My father went to the range thursday to check his zero and he was 4" high and 3" left at 100 yards. Something hanky happened because he took that gun to the range on monday to check zero and it was good!! [beeep] Luck

How have you guys been doing??

Edited by West.Mass.Hunter (02/02/19 01:41 PM)

Page 29 of 30 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 >

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.