Oklahoma coyote hunt?

TOM64

What do you think about this for an OK PM hunt? It's a 15000 acre hunting ranch managed for deer, about 2 hours from OKC.

The date would have to be in Feb. as they have other hunts booked until then. (not predator hunts)

There is a lodge and a cook available at an extra expense of course or we can take a redneck discount and find our own meals and lodging.

The price will vary according to how many attend, but should be in the neighborhood of $100.00 to $300.00 per person depending on what we decide to do. (I'll get it negotiated if there is enough interest)

Let me know if you'd be interested or if the three rivers land would be better. I just thought of this place and checked on it today.

Also about 15 teams would be all it would be good for, the manager got a little nervous when I said 30 people might show up but I explained it would not be a guided hunt and nobody expected anything more than permission to hunt. 10 teams might be better I don't know.

Anyway what do you think? It's a long way off but it will be here before you know it.

Tom, too bad you didn't try a different approach. Offer to bring in 30 predator hunters to thin out his population of "fawn-killing coyotes". At no charge to him! Trade hot meals for carcasses.

I'm down! But I think $100-300 might be a little steep for a get together. Nasa might be on to something there with the carcasses for meals or cover charge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

February sounds good to me! I'll try for a pass from the wife if you get something setup. Have family around I could visit. Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

This a hunting ranch, he charges for everything to pay the bills. Like I said I haven't negotiated the final price yet until I see if I will be there by myself or not.

This sounds more like it. Get something East of the Rockies. Think I'd have to call in sick at work for a few on on this one. Bet I could get PG to tag along too !!!!!!

It'd be fun to take a x-country road trip, but at $100-$300 a pop, that's just too steep.

Fuel alone would run about $200+ just to OKC and back to my house. Plus lodging and meals it'd be over $500. Ouch.

Well guys once again I've failed to make myself clear, last year someone here in Ok wanted to get together with fellow okies and have a hunt down by Honubie,Ok but it was too short notice so we decided to try this year. This is not an official PM hunt and I wouldn't expect anyone from out west to make the drive. Of course any member is welcome, I'm just restarting last years thread. We had some guys from Tx, Mo, and Ar interested if I remember right. Just an idea.

Hello
When you hunt on a game ranch do you have to get a Oklahoma hunting license? Is there a day or three day license ? I think a out of state license is 80.00 dollars.

You must have a OK hunting license for coyotes, and you will need a bobcat license if interested in those. I'll check on the license fee and let you know.

Bob, PG says you got all kinds of money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif The nonresident license is $35.00 for 5 days and a bobcat license is $51.00 but your allowed 20 on that tag. It is alot of money to go shoot a yote, maybe we'd be better off trying public land and sleeping in our trucks we might even kill a squirrel to eat. After reading my first post it wasn't clear but $300.00 included the lodge and meals for 2 days the $100.00 was for 2 days hunting only.

Tom64,

Count me in if there are enough folks going so the cost comes down some. I think for the $300 cost at the ranch, I could spend nearly a week tromping around K trail and Honobia. Sounds like fun though and I'm all for it.

You'd think that I'd have a non resident license as much as I go up to Okieland. PG talkin eh ??
I could probably work something out. LOL
PG could pay for my gas and ammo. Sad thing is, you Okies don't allow night hunting. Still be fun to see some different country.

Hey get the price down and I would be interested in a hunt this close to MO. Keep the posts current to what you come up with in the end. 300 bucks sounds steep to me for 2 days of coyote hunting.

Hilltop

Tom64,
You know me .Have gun will travel.Keep us posted.if you need somebody to go with ya on a test hunt um I may be available. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif If everything comes together maybe Bob and I could even ride together and not get lost getting there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tom 64,I don't know if any of my buddies would put that kinda money up to hunt yotes, but I would if somebody would have me as a partner? Good shooter, don't know if i'd be confident enough to howl in front you guy's!!

Thomas, for that kind of money we could all stay at your house for the two days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I sure Cindy wouldn't mind.It might even make her day.( can just here her now!)

Seriously $300 for two days hunting lodging and meals( you've see the way I can eat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) isn't bad at all.Even $100 for the hunting is acceptable to me.Tishamingo isn't that far from Elmore City and I'm sure that if Bob and I ride together we could put up in Elmore a night or two.(we may have to cook our own supper though)

Coycat, if you can put me on some pheasant, your my partner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Purdygood, I've been through my last divorce, thank you very much.

Back