60gr vmax 223 load

60 grain V-Max
24.6 grains BenchMark (Start at 23.6 grains and work up)
Win or LC uniformed brass
COAL 2.260
CCI BR-4 primers

This is a published Max load for the AR-15 from Sierra load data. It works great in many 1/8 and 1/9 twist barrels. It chronographs @ 3120 FPS from my RRA 24 inch stainless barrel. It seems to work best in rifle length barrels of 18-24 inches.

24.6grs of benchmark and lake city 11 brass 400 primer and it rocks check the target in the "Peaches is up and running" in the ar section

I am using ar 20 inch match barrel. I tried 24 grs of benchmark today with a 60 gr v max shot less than a 3/4 inch. Shot a 5 shot group with Tac 25 grs 60 gr v max shot a 3/4 inch group. Going to load up 5 rds with 24.5 grs benchmark see how it groups . I went to a 60 gr v max for coyotes do ya think the 55 gr v max would do better on a yote than a 60 gr? Ty

24.5 grains of benchmark, assorted brass, cci 400 primer.

I stoled the load off here when i was a lurker
smile.gif

I will have to load up 5 rds of 24.5 of benchmark 60 gr v max 2.250 old win primer federal brass. 24 grs shot very good. My gun loves nosler 55 gr bt. CFE 223 25.5 grs shot like buckshot 1 1/2 inch group.Rhound didn't mean to steal your coyote load ty.

I went to 24.5 grs pf benchmark and had 2 primers blow out. Do I check them I put another primer in the 2 brass you couldn't fill them going in. They where federal brass with a crimped when I made a new primer pocket is there any way to make the pocket to big with a rcbs swagger? I think is what I done. Because o loaded 10 rds that the primer fit tight and no blow outs. That was my first time with the pocket swagger and may over done it? Please let me know what ya think?

Back