anybody adjust the trigger on your venture?

vmax_blaster

I just picked up a tc venture in 22-250 yesterday and the trigger is a little hard so I tried to adjust it and I couldn't get the set screw loose for the life of me, started to bend the wrench. Did you guys have any problems adjusting yours?

I tried setting a friend of mines.
cursing.gif
cursing.gif

Even heating didn't help. I finally gave up.
His bolt cocks hard too.

Originally Posted By: K22I tried setting a friend of mines.
cursing.gif
cursing.gif

His bolt cocks hard too.

mine does also. I hope it shoots well.

Originally Posted By: vmax_blasterOriginally Posted By: K22I tried setting a friend of mines.
cursing.gif
cursing.gif

His bolt cocks hard too.

mine does also. I hope it shoots well.

My friends was in 204 and it shot very well. You might try cleaning the trigger by dumping lighter fluid in it, then after it dries, dump some colloidal graphite in it and leave it set over night. It works pretty good on Rem. triggers and it helped my friends trigger.

I got one in a 22-250. My round count is under 400 an trigger is crisp an light, bolt works smooth. My go to calling gun. Luck of the draw maybe?

Originally Posted By: HeadHunter204I got one in a 22-250. My round count is under 400 an trigger is crisp an light, bolt works smooth. My go to calling gun. Luck of the draw maybe?
It just might, the one on the rack had a bolt like tikka smooth and he asked if I wanted the show one or one from the back, and after seeing the marks on the show I opted for the box. My mistake, but hey, it might shoot lights out and if it does, all is good.

just giving you an update. I took my tc 22-250 to the range for the first time and I am very happy with the gun. Shoots very good, handles nice. The bolt was hard to cock but after ten rounds it is smooth. The trigger is still hard I would guess 4 to 5 lbs and still can't get the set screw loose. All in all I have one heck of a calling gun and with the 24in fluted barrel points great off of sticks.

T/C says it is adjustable, but I think it is already adjusted as light as T/C wants it. I can adjust mine harder but not lighter. vmax is right - 4 to 5 lbs.

I pulled the barreled action out of the stock and made the trigger adjustments (similar to a M700)and then tested for safety. The trigger is now very nice and measure around 2 lbs.

Originally Posted By: WI3DerI pulled the barreled action out of the stock and made the trigger adjustments (similar to a M700)and then tested for safety. The trigger is now very nice and measure around 2 lbs.
could you pm the steps you did to adjust the trigger?

Back