Wildlife Technologies- Mighty Atom 21 Caller

tom223

Does anyone have one and what do think good or bad. It looks like they a good selection of coyote calls. Are they better than Foxpro? (Fury). Which one should I buy? Thanks Tom

I kill more coyotes now that I have a mighty atom 21. A lot more and for a lot of reasons but if you are really interested you need to talk to Mark Healy.
http://www.wildlifecallers.com/contacts
The guys I hunt with leave their foxpros at home when they hunt with me. The foxpros are easier to use but look at how heavily they are marketed. TOO mainstream for me.

Good Luck,

Last edited:
I have an MA-21 but I have never used a FoxPro Fury so I can't compare the two. If you can get a first hand view/test of both machines you can then base your decision on that? I will say that I love my MA-21 and have no regrets getting it.

Originally Posted By: BlueDevilI have an MA-21 but I have never used a FoxPro Fury so I can't compare the two. If you can get a first hand view/test of both machines you can then base your decision on that? I will say that I love my MA-21 and have no regrets getting it.

+1

Same thoughts here.

Shayne

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: Twistrate The foxpros are easier to use

Curious why you say that?

Me too. The MA 21 is so easy and simple, even I can figure it out.

Shayne

my hunting partner has a foxpro and he has trouble with it. i have the MA 15 no trouble and plenty of volume.this is my third WT no trouble with any of them. they work great and the batteries last a long time.my partner said he would get the WT if he could do it again.

Being a long time user of WT Callers and seeing the evolution of the WT's over the years the MA21 is a very user friendly and reliable caller.

Loud, clear and great sound selection. You can't go wrong purchasing one.

There are lots of them out there but it seems some don't want to tell people about them, I think it may have to do with how good they work and how some want to keep an advantage. It is amazing how popular they have become with little to no advertising. Good products sell themselves.

I did the homework before i purchased, it seems the sounds are what bring in the coyotes. I hunted with a FX5, but we have been using the MA and the FX5 sits at home.It is a good call also but the MA sounds sound more like distress.

Originally Posted By: yotehunter57Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: Twistrate The foxpros are easier to use

Curious why you say that?

Me too. The MA 21 is so easy and simple, even I can figure it out.

Shayne
Have you tried using both remotes in the dark for instance? Have you gotten in a hurry to switch sounds after shooting? Without looking can you tell witch way is up on both with gloves on? There's not a HUGE difference but for me it's there.

I have owned and used an Extreme Something or other, a Flextone Mimic, a Csss Creek hand held, FX3, a Fury, a Scorpion X1A, a Scorpion X2A, and a WT 2030MS with what I believe is the same remote as is used by the MAs.

FuryRemote.jpg

Remotes2.jpg

Remotes.jpg

RemoteWTList.jpg

FuryFront.jpg

Vest.jpg

FX3.jpg

WTDoggin.jpg

WTnMOJO.jpg

WTnMOJO.jpg

For the most part I prefer the MA remote with the 10 available presets/favorites. The displays and selector dials on the FoxPro Remotes don't work great for my old eyes and fat fingers.

The FoxPro sounds have improved to where I think they come really close to the WT sounds.

I don't hunt at night but I can see the advantage of the read out screens on the FoxPros for that purpose. I like the presets on both brands for the after the shot sound changes. But the FoxBang feature ROCKS for that purpose.

I will be keeping the Scorpion around, but if Mark will still make me the deal we had going back when WT fell behind on delivery I just may have to pick up an MA-21.

thumbup.gif

I've used several FoxPro callers and the WT. In my opinion the current FP CS-24 I have is the best caller between the two. However with that said, the WT wildlife sounds are the best I have ever heard. They flat out call in coyotes. I've called in a truck load or two with FP sounds as well, but there is no denying the quality of WT's sounds. As mentioned above FP has improved their sound library, but I would still give the WT the edge.

Originally Posted By: coyote_roedeBeing a long time user of WT Callers and seeing the evolution of the WT's over the years the MA21 is a very user friendly and reliable caller.

Loud, clear and great sound selection. You can't go wrong purchasing one.

There are lots of them out there but it seems some don't want to tell people about them, I think it may have to do with how good they work and how some want to keep an advantage. It is amazing how popular they have become with little to no advertising. Good products sell themselves.

Shhhhhhhh Randy!!!!
tongue_smilie.gif

Back