All good things must come to an end (Retirement Sale)

TonyTebbe

Well, as stated, all good things must come to and end. I've debated it for a long time and have discussed with a few fellow call builders. I am retiring as a custom call builder. Finding time for the shop has been a real issue the past couple of years, but more importantly, finding the ambition is the biggest issue. I'm sure I'll still build a few cow horn customs and definitely will be producing and selling more production calls.

With that being said, I have a HUGE material inventory that is taking up my entire shop that needs to go. Over the next few weeks, I will be pulling out boxes and putting them up for sale to make it where I can walk into my shop, let alone walk through it.
smile.gif

So...here we go:

Lot 1 - African Blackwood

Here are 43 blanks of African Blackwood with striking sapwood. These are 1.25" x 5" blanks, fully waxed with no checks. They are prestine and I've built alot of calls in the past from this lot.

IMG_6661.jpg

IMG_6663.jpg

IMG_6662.jpg

Price: $120 shipped (Sold) That's less than $2.50 a blank, plus flat rate shipping.

I will be posting more wood, in this thread, as I get into them over time.

Thanks...Tony

Last edited:
I didnt even know you turned calls and now here you are retiring from making them.
frown.gif

That sucks and what also sucks is I dont have one.
cry.gif

Hopefully with this post and posts from others we can possibly talk you out of it?
grin.gif

I understand you have many time consuming things happening daily in your life.
But, I for one, am very sorry to hear this news Tony.
First Dave, now you....I hope this isn't a continuing trend.
As you know, I don't have the means to turn woood calls. But I wish I did! I don't know what that wood normally costs, but IMO it's priced to sell!

Sorry to hear that TT, but only you know what's best for ya. Plus there ain't now law that says you can't pull a Favre down the road!!!

Brian

Tony, I'm truly sorry to hear that news...You did my first howler out of my grandfather's old huntsman horn...A pride and joy in my collection...Your talents will be missed..

OldHornAfterb.jpg

Sad to hear you won't be posting any more calls. I always enjoyed seeing what you had been working on.

ELJ

It can be hard to find time to do things. I know you are busy with several things and that makes it harder. You make a great call.

Tony, I am sorry to hear you are Retiring from making Calls, you will be sorley missed. Sure am glad I have several of your Calls.

Also, I will take the African Black Wood, it is the perfect size for making Tone Boards for my Duck Calls, as well as Predator Calls.

Let me Know how much to make the Check for including the Postage, and I will get one on the way.

I really hate to see Tony hang it up!! After talking with him on the phone this evening I do understand why..

Tony has done several tutorials on how to build calls, they have inspired several call makers including my self.. Tony has an ear for sound and can tune a call to perfection!!

Tony bud, your hand crafted works or art will be truly missed on Predator Masters..

I for one will miss seeing the TT calls. I even have a couple of them and they are works of art. They sound even better

TT helped me out a ton when I first started turning and his patience with all my silly questions was greatly appreaciated. You will be missed friend.

I really hate to see you retire. I am also lucky enough to have a few of your calls. I will be keeping an eye on these sales. I hope you don't give it up all together

I appreciate the kind words guys. You'll notice that I mentioned that I'm sure I'll still build a few cow horn customs. But, I want to do it on my own time, when I am in the mood to do it. When I do, I'll post them up for sale. I've been chasing a backorder list for custom requests for a number of years now and it weighs too heavy on me to get them done. I've got one more set to finish engraving and one more howler to build for a gentleman, then I'm done with my list. No more new requests. Of course, I will continue to honor my lifetime warranty on any of the calls I've built. Fortunately, I've only had one call come back to me to re-tune, over the years.

I seriously have a workshop full of wood. I haven't turned a wood call for quite a while. It's all good stuff, too. I sold all the questionable stuff and the boring stuff a couple of years ago, as part of our move to NM. I've got bins and bins of cow horns that I've forgotten what I even have. I plan on clearing it all out.

Larry, the total is $120 shipped. I included shipping in my asking price.

My address is:

Tony Tebbe
5122 S Gill Rd
Lovington, NM 88260

Thanks a bunch Sir.

Tony

I'll add my regrets at not buying one of your turned calls when I had the chance Tony. I'll miss seeing them as you are a true craftsman.

T,

I know what it's like to live under a back order list; it sucks the joy out of it, sometimes.

You'll do well at whatever venture you choose, so go for it, buddy.

Rudy

Tony, I always hoped you'd find the time to turn some calls again. You sure did make some good looking calls. You were a WHOLE LOT of help to me when I first got started, and for that I can't thank you enough.

i regret starting collecting so late....looks liek i will need to watch the custom calls now, if i am to catch one of the last.

hope that this provides the breathing room you need sir.

Back