Spider bite

kirby

I'm not positive. But I suspect a Brown Recluse nailed me. When I 1st noticed it, there were two distinctive fang marks. Following day both fang holes sloughed open. Whereas, I could see down both holes an 1/8" or so. Leg skin swollen tight like a snare drum.

This is the 5th time I've ever been spider bit. Worst other bite was by a very large & harry Fisher Spider. I mashed him on my shoulder as I awoke. As I lay in my sleeping bag near the Iowa River, while camping on the ground. That spider was huge[looked like a Tarantula]. Smashed Fisher Spider sunk both fangs into my shoulder. Felt like a hot poker.

3e90ed48.jpg

Last edited:
No time for self doctoring, this could be serious.

Greg Nieto & Web Staff FOX31 Denver

6:42 a.m. MDT, July 22, 2011

BOULDER COUNTY, Colo. -- A man from Erie, Colo. died after getting bitten by a black widow spider. Health experts say it's a rare for someone to die from black widow bites.

Jeff Seale, 40, noticed 19 bites on his foot two weeks before he died. His sister says he worked at a horse stable, and she wonders if that's where her brother might've encountered the spider.

Seale was an accomplished baseball player when he was younger.

The Fairview High School baseball team in Boulder is practicing this week for a tournament they are hosting, and even though many of them had never met Jeff Seale, they knew of his legacy.

“When you assess that type of tradition, you definitely look up to him," says Brian Sture, a graduating senior.

In the late 1980s, Seale was one of the best pitchers, not only for Fairview, but in Boulder County. He was drafted by the Mets, and he also played for the University of Texas.

When his baseball career ended, he settled back in Boulder County.

Seale died last week, just a couple of weeks after he noticed a spider bit him.

The Boulder County Coroner's Office says it could be 4-6 weeks before an official cause of death is released.

"It's just hard to accept," says Rick Harig, head baseball coach for Fairview and one of Seale's former coaches in the 80s.

Funeral services are pending.

In the meantime, the Fairview baseball team hopes to win its second consecutive tournament, which it has dedicated to Jeff Seale.
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-man-dies-after-suffering-19-black-widow-spider-bites-20110721,0,5774918.story

No, but I did call the ER two days later. As I thought I might need to get opened up to relieve the pressure on my skin. I was refered to 1st Nurse. I was told via[1st Nurse] to come in "if it gets worse?"

Anyway, I'm over the hump now. As the swelling is receding.

If it's receding and not rotting and smelling like [beeep], it
wasn't a brown recluse. Been bitten twice by them and within
24 hours the skin and flesh were rotting, oozing and the
smell was horrible. Both times were on toes.

Are you experiencing any intense cramps that aren't localized to the bite site? If not, it's highly unlikely that it was a widow either. I was bitten on the face by a Black Widow two years ago, the cramping was truly torturous in my back and shoulders. Any shortness of breath?

Chupa

Fang marks were 1/8" apart. Whatever spider it was. Had to be on the large size.

I read up quite abit on Brown Recluse bites. Some people have little reaction to their venom. I believe I fall some where in the middle. When it comes to spider bites.

There is no anti-venom for Brown Recluse Spider bites. But there are some treatment for their side effects.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kirbyFang marks were 1/8" apart. Whatever spider it was. Had to be on the large size.

I read up quite abit on Brown Recluse bites. Some people have little reaction to their venom. I believe I fall some where in the middle. When it comes to spider bites.

There is no anti-venom for Brown Recluse Spider bites. But there are some treatment for their side effects.

Yeah, I think you are in the clear by now. Just sucks being puffed up like a toad frog, very uncomfortable.

Chupa

The couple of times I've been nailed by a Brown Recluse, I didn't have the swelling that you have, but the poison started eating away the flesh in a small area around the bite marks..

Are you sure you didn't get nailed a couple of times by one of those big red Hornets...That looks a lot more like a Hornet sting reaction....

I get bites like this a couple times a year for the last 7 years. Leg slightly swells, skin gets tight, very warm to the touch, hurts to move the leg when starting to move after not moving for a while.

Worst was way out in Northern Ontario Bear Hunting. They must have been waiting in ambush in my sleeping bag. Had 8 bites between my two legs.

Go to the Doc. They give me keflex (spelling). It is an antibiotic. Works great.

Funeral Service note; old dogs will not be buried until further notice. Well, atleast until his body bloats some.

Then after a few un-kind words are spoken over his rotting carcass. He will then be gently stuffed down an old abandoned fox hole via a gold painted toilet plunger.

It's only a guess? Chupa. But I can't help but think the coyotes paid off that spider to tag my carcass. Whilst I was sleeping. They will pay for their error in judgment[not to mention hiring the wrong wannbe assassin]. No more free pass's from me.

I've killed 3 recluse in the house this past week and am not
happy about it. To early in the year for spiders, etc to
move inside.

Originally Posted By: RJM AcresI've killed 3 recluse in the house this past week and am not
happy about it. To early in the year for spiders, etc to
move inside.

Probably looking for some shade and a glass of iced tea...
wink.gif
Been awful hot and dry for awhile now.

Back