Got the sickness...........again!!!

Originally Posted By: Bob L. SwaggerDid you take it to the range yet?

No, the weather sucked on Sunday and now I'm out of the state this week for work. Hoping to take it out Saturday. I will post a report as soon as I do.

I got back into town today, grabbed my rifle, and headed to the range. I'm very impressed. It shoots great.
[img:left]http://
30ARTarget3.jpg
[/img] [img:right]http://
30ARTarget2.jpg
[/img]

Originally Posted By: 1Bushmaster123 gr. remington core lokt

Interesting.... they only make 123 gr. FMJ, 125 gr. core-lokt, 150 gr. core-lokt.... humm....

Originally Posted By: Bob L. SwaggerOriginally Posted By: 1Bushmaster123 gr. remington core lokt

Interesting.... they only make 123 gr. FMJ, 125 gr. core-lokt, 150 gr. core-lokt.... humm....

Sorry. My fault. I have both 123 gr. UMC and 125 gr. Core lokt. I got mixed up. I sighted it in with the 125 gr. core lokt.

Very good shooting! Great groups, mine seems to like the 125 gr. accutips the best. It figures my gun has to like the most expensive ammo, it costs $34 a box. I made a load with 125gr. nosler ballistic tip bullets and benchmark powder that shoots identical to the accutips and it only costs me a mere fraction of what the factory ammo costs.

Originally Posted By: Bob L. SwaggerVery good shooting! Great groups, mine seems to like the 125 gr. accutips the best. It figures my gun has to like the most expensive ammo, it costs $34 a box. I made a load with 125gr. nosler ballistic tip bullets and benchmark powder that shoots identical to the accutips and it only costs me a mere fraction of what the factory ammo costs.

Care to share? I ordered the dies for it, but need a good starting point. I already have some benchmark, but still need to order bullets.

Make sure you get the SMALL base dies, it will eliminate any feed issues since it sizes the brass just a tad smaller than the full length sizer. I learned that the hard way, cost me $$ to ship the FL set back. The below loads are my 2 best. I just picked up a few boxes of barnes TTSX bullets (110gr) I'm going to try out.

38gr. of Benchmark - 125gr. Nosler Ballistic tip - Federal 205M primer OAL = 2.26"

35gr. of H4198 - 110gr. Hornady V-MAX - Federal 205M Primer OAL = 2.22"

Originally Posted By: Bob L. SwaggerMake sure you get the SMALL base dies, it will eliminate any feed issues since it sizes the brass just a tad smaller than the full length sizer. I learned that the hard way, cost me $$ to ship the FL set back. The below loads are my 2 best. I just picked up a few boxes of barnes TTSX bullets (110gr) I'm going to try out.

38gr. of Benchmark - 125gr. Nosler Ballistic tip - Federal 205M primer OAL = 2.26"

35gr. of H4198 - 110gr. Hornady V-MAX - Federal 205M Primer OAL = 2.22"

I did order the small base RCBS dies. Thanks for the info. Doesn't the TTSX have to be traveling at least 2200 fps to have good expansion? If so, that shouldn't be a problem with 110 gr. even on a fairly long shot.

Back