Furtaker Vest

Has anyone tried the new Furtaker vest yet? I know that they are brand new and that this is not the busiest time of year for calling, but I figured somebody out there has to have one. If anybody has one, my 2 main questions are, 1)Are all of the pockets easy to get things out of or put things in without having to take it off? 2) Is the cushion comfortable and easy to fold up without having to take the vest off?

Last edited:
I am also interested in the FurTaker Vest and would like to hear from someone who has actually used it.

In addition to SPS's questions:

Can the D-Rings work well to attach binoculars?

Is it useable/comfortable to wear when getting in, out & driving the truck?

Anyone had a look at the rear view of the vest?

Fellows, I have not actually used one of the new vests, but was fortunate enough to see the prototype when I visited Foxpro. It is the real deal, IMO, and a lot of good thinking went into the design. I can't think of a thing I would change about it.

I got mine Friday. It's going to work well. Has pockets for caller, remote, decoy, water bottle, magazines, calls and other stuff. It distributes the weight a lot better than a back pack. It comes with a seat also but I took that off because I have a better chair that I use. I got it in snow camo

I am awaiting delivery on my new vest. (I was #1 on the list and was contacted late last week.) Should be here today!

Can't wait; will post my thoughts as soon as it arrives.

Rsuty

well i just ordered mine dont know if i was on a list or not, but i hope i'm not on the super long backorder list, APC.com told me to place an order in aug...so i did ...got my fingers crossed now...good luck #1and #5....!

I forgot to post a review on the vest, but it arrived and I couldn't be happier. Plenty of room for all my junk and all in one place. Straps are fully adjustable, no noisy velcro, and well thought out.

My biggest reason for buying it was not having to move all my gear once I changes camo patterns. The vest is ready to go any time. A real time saver.

Go for it!

Rustydog

got mine yesterday..no feild test yet...but it seems to be a winner...carries an fx series call as if it wasnt there..weight is distributed evenly...comfy, nice azz pad,not thick material so it will be good for warm hunts....also i'm gonna use it for turkey...patterns a lil off for that but it will function fine...

Just returned from a field test , I was a little disapointed in a couple of features of the vest when trying it on in the house and useing some of its features but now after a morning hunt i am very happy with the vest and have nothing but good things to say to the guys @ FoxPro about this long awaited product .
here is the run down .
the fit is awsome it is fully adjustable so ill be suprised if anyone complains about fit issues .
The breast strap is a great touch as it keeps the vest from spreading apart at the top while riding a 4 wheeler or walking rough ground .
There are so many compartments to store and carry things i dont think anyone will be asking for more . one of the best touches i liked is the compartments just inside the vest kinda like a liner with pouches , its the perfect spot for head net and gloves and as with all the compartments you wont have to worry about sompthing falling out ( unless YOU dont put it all the way in)
deployment of any item stashed in the many hidey holes in the vest is easily done and done quietly . The remote pouch is awsome it has a magnetic flip cover and holds the remote like a vise , you WILL NOT lose your remote from this holder .
it sits at a great angle so it pulls out like a gun from a cross draw holster, quick and silent .
there is a great pouch for AR clips and xtra ammo as well as range finders or binos , Xtra calls etc .
The pouch for the caller even has room for a CS24. ( i prefer to carry mine ).
The real seller for me is the ruberised coating on the shoulder straps . In one fell swoop FoxPro has ended my life long problem of my rifle sliding off my shoulder , NO MORE it stays put, Huge thank you to them for that,WOW what a diffrence.
If for no other reason i would wear it just for that .
In the past i tried all types of slings and even my Claw sling would slide off my shoulder , riding a 4 wheeler with a rifle over your shoulder over rough ground was an act of futility , the vest stopped all that i am amazed.
Comfort ? I didnt even know i was wearing it , nice and cool as well , 60 degrees when i started this morning and 77 now , really didnt make a diffrence in my body temp .
well balanced as well .In and out of the truck , no problem at all , seat belt is not an issue .
The butt pad is awsome , nice and thick and comfy , I even set up on top of some of that big sharp scab rock and didnt feel a thing thru the pad .
I had a real problem with the location of the clips that hold and release the butt pad when you finish a stand, they are a little far back and i had a difficult time reaching them but after i did it a few times it became much easier, kinda like riding a bike??
All in all its a great tool for a caller , I am just so happy its finally available.
This is one accessory i think all predator callers should own , im sure it will help prevent things being lost or misplaced while hunting , Oh yeah thats another great thing i like about it , you just leave all your stuff in it when you get home and hang it up with all your other jackets etc. and the next time you gear up to go calling its all right there waiting for you.
Sweet product , Thanks FoxPro I love it . Jerry

The only flaw I noticed when I pulled mine out of the bag, was the noisy zipper handles. But that was an easy fix. Since all of the zippers had those rubber FoxPro tabs on them, I cut the metal handles off with electrical pliers and looped the rope from the tabs thru the zipper. Instantly quiet. Great job on the vest FoxPro!!

no made in usa label....its made in china.... but they finace all of our stocks and currency so its okay! just like buying american....!

Originally Posted By: shanedoggno made in usa label....its made in china.... but they finace all of our stocks and currency so its okay! just like buying american....!

no its not O.K.

Ha ha we were installling some fans for a winery last week and they all had made in USA and right underneath that an inspected by jesus Gonzales and Ramon peddles and a few other Mexican names on ALL the fans. Made me wonder of USA was tue name of a plant in Mexico

Originally Posted By: BrownieHa ha we were installling some fans for a winery last week and they all had made in USA and right underneath that an inspected by jesus Gonzales and Ramon peddles and a few other Mexican names on ALL the fans. Made me wonder of USA was tue name of a plant in Mexico

I guess us Mexicans couldn't live here in the USA
rolleyes.gif

I seen the add for the vests in an email i received a week or so ago. Are there any plans to make it in a different camo pattern other then prairie brush or whatever that camo is.

Originally Posted By: nightwatchmanI seen the add for the vests in an email i received a week or so ago. Are there any plans to make it in a different camo pattern other then prairie brush or whatever that camo is.

The camo pattern is Mossy Oak Brush and for whatever it is worth I have used a Primos Predator Vest in the same pattern for 5 years now and the pattern has worked in 8 different states for me. I have used it calling predators, crows and turkeys in the heat and in the snow and the pattern works well in most terrains. I may have to give the Foxpro vest a try.... although I have not worn out mine yet so we'll see.
cool.gif

Back