dogtown bullets....

jimmyp

Hey guys Im considering ordering up a bunch of 55gr HP dogtown bullets to try out in my 223s and possibly the hornet. What is ya'lls thoughts on them? Ive seen some mixed reviews on accuracy where it seems like they start to open up fast at longer ranges. these will primarily be loaded for Pdogs so I would like to be able to expect sub MOA to a couple hundred yds.
any thoughts?

Jim

Just loaded some of the 55 gr. soft points a couple days ago. I loaded them up with 25.5 gr of Varget. I havent tried to see what they group, but I was hitting a six inch steel plate at 225 yrds. I am going to the range tomorrow to see what they group and I will let you know.

I recall trying to find out who made the Dogtown bullets, and I could never be sure. I thought they were Speer bullets. I saw a flyer or something somewhere just the other day where Midway revealed they are actually Nosler bullets. I thought this information would never be revealed, but there it was.

I have laid in a good supply of Midsouth's 50-grain .224" Varmint Nightmare line, and they are identical to Hornady SXs. My 700 Classic in .223 likes 'em, too.

They're noslers, although the speculation has been amusing
laugh.gif

I've shot hundreds of them with good results.

Jimmy went to the range today to try them out today. Grouping wasnt to bad for the price. I couldnt get them to shoot a sub inch group at 100 yrds because I kept getting a flyer. I will be buying more for the price.

Thanks guys I think for the price I will be buying some to try. Between me and my dad we have around 7-8 223s and a hornet so we surely have somthing that will shoot anything.

thanks
Jim

I'm getting ready to load a couple of hundred 50gr DogTowns for an upcoming PD shoot...At the range, I'm getting really good groups with Ramshot's TAC powder out of my rifles..

i was using 34 grn dog town bullets with h110 in my cz 22 hornet great on fox,rabbits and hares ,they cheaper than the 35 grn vmax and have a higher bc of .130 all round a great little bullet ,atb steve

I've been using the Midsouth Varmint Extremes with good success. The 50's out of my .223 with H4895 and the 55's out of my 22-250 using H380. Groups with these bullets out of both my guns has been sub 1". For the money, you can't beat them.

Haven't tried them on coyotes. Lots of PD's, ground squirrels and a few badgers.

Based on what I get on the above, I would suggest caution with coyotes. I'm getting pretty rapid expansion with that bullet.

Back