Your opinions on the DNZ one-piece scope mounts

Ricky Bobby

Just purchased an Elite 4200 4-16x50 from another member here, and will be needing new mounts to mount it on my Win70 classic chambered in 30-06! What is everyone's opinion on the DNZ one-piece scope mounts? Seems like they would be a great product and possibly eliminate the need for lapping! I don't need a QD setup because once I mount a scope it usually stays with that rifle for good. I'm thinking that I will go with the DNZ, unless you guys tell me otherwise.

I own 2 sets - one on a Savage Predator 243 and the other on my Browning 22 Hornet. I have not had any issues whatsoever. They seem very well made and not the first sign of any machine flaws. I like them and recommend you try them.

The DNZ is great on the older three screw Remington Model Seven rifles, very solid for that application. Generally I like a two piece and have nearly changed over all my rigs up with Talley Lightweights now.

Originally Posted By: coyotexGreat on ARs,,,that freedom reaper...built just right.

X

they do make some very nice AR mounts. Very well machined and finished plus, there made in the U.S.!

002-2.jpg

Originally Posted By: Ricky BobbyWhere is the best place to purchase the DNZ setup?

There popping up more and more, i just got a set from bass pro but i use to get them from the local gun shop up the road.

Just wanted to update and mention that I did purchase the DNZ mount. I already have it installed on top of my Win70 and I'd like to say that I will be using this type mount again in the future. It made mounting the scope so easy! No worrying about ring alignment or lapping! The only disadvantage I see is that these aren't made for someone wanting to use 1 scope for several rifles. You'd be better off with a QD setup in that type situation. They are an excellent product!
thumbup.gif

Recently put the DNZ on my Tikka Hunter 300WSM...have to say I agree, this is a well made product. I am also digging how they look and so far no problems holding up to the recoil. I did notice they specifically state that if you use loctite of any kind you void your warranty...so something to keep in mind.

Oh, and for what it is worth I picked my up online at OpticsPlanet.

Last edited:
Well 2MG, initally I was so so on the looks but now I like that it is different. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

I will agree that I would have another degree of comfort with another set of screws on the rings but....so far I can't say that they are necessary either. No POI changes or movement from a relatively light rifle with a pretty good thump recoil wise.

They do mount nice and solid with the Tikka flat top..one of the reasons I decided to try DNZ.

FWIW

i have a set on a blackpowder gun. They are nice, i will be buying them on future guns for loos, build, quality and most imo durability

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunNot only do I think they are homely looking, I prefer more than 2 screws in each ring......

I've had a few sets of them and I always thought they were "clunky" looking.

BUT,
they were solid, perfectly aligned, and always did what they were made to do. The Talley LW's were the only rings I liked better on the Tikka I had, and that was only because of the aesthetics.

I used one on an old Savage 110E I put together for my brother. It went on easy, even for a doofus like me, and aligned just right. Like everybody else has said, they're not the prettiest, but they work really well.
When I get my new upper built, I'll probably get one of their Freedom Reapers for it. They make one with just as much forward cantilever as my Larue SPR-E; but it doesn't cost $200.

Thinking of getting a DNZ one piece scope mount but wondering how I can move the scope fore and aft to get the best field of view. If the rings are fixed how's one going ti move the scope ? I got short arms and neck so I need the scope close to my eye.
Thanks for any info

mike

Back