Heavy Bullets-Small Caliber????????????????

Originally Posted By: ackleymanDon't ever forget that fast twists with heavy bullets eats barrels...choose your poison.

Not arguing with you but you are right about that. I've read where .308 has a barrel life of 5K to 8K rounds and .243 around 3K rounds. Is that about right?

I'm willing to bet that 90 to 95% of guys who hunt (mostly deer hunters in my area) will never shoot even 1000 rounds out of their rifles - probably not even 500.

It may be different for the fellas out west who are popping 500 prairie dogs a day.

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357I had better stick with the 40's then, they shine in the Tikka.

Grant, heat/pressure/time is greater in slow twists. Every 221 FB, 222, and 223 I have ever owned has loved the 40's of any weight and the Sierra 45 high velocity sp also.

Originally Posted By: ackleymanOriginally Posted By: Orneryolfart357I had better stick with the 40's then, they shine in the Tikka.

Grant, heat/pressure/time is greater in slow twists. Every 221 FB, 222, and 223 I have ever owned has loved the 40's of any weight and the Sierra 45 high velocity sp also.

Keith, did you mean Fast twist? Thanks for the info..

Back