New 264 win mag

KAG

Well I worked a trade with another member on here and was able to pick up a Rem 700 Sendero SF II 264win mag. I know almost nothing about the 264wm but it looks like a potent flat shooting killer.

I also in the trade picked up with it a Savage 111 LH 25-06. Now I have 3 25-06's. I can always use another one as I really like them and one of my boys is a lefty.

It was a good day.

Any tips on the 264wm would be of a great help.

New264wm.jpg

New25-06.jpg

Originally Posted By: KAGWell I worked a trade with another member on here and was able to pick up a Rem 700 Sendero SF II 264win mag. I know almost nothing about the 264wm but it looks like a potent flat shooting killer.

I also in the trade picked up with it a Savage 111 LH 25-06. Now I have 3 25-06's. I can always use another one as I really like them and one of my boys is a lefty.

It was a good day.

I have a .264WM Sendero SF II and I absolutely love it. It is my "BIG" varmint rifle. I load 95gr. V-Maxs with a hand full of H-4350.

Groups are very small, and consistent. I use an aggressive copper cleaner (CR-10) on the barrel, or groups will open up.

The 95gr V-Max really rips a yote apart in short work. NOT a first choice if you are saving hides
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Meow
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: KAGWell I worked a trade with another member on here and was able to pick up a Rem 700 Sendero SF II 264win mag. I know almost nothing about the 264wm but it looks like a potent flat shooting killer.

It was a good day.

I have a .264WM Sendero SF II and I absolutely love it. It is my "BIG" varmint rifle. I load 95gr. V-Maxs with a hand full of H-4350.

Groups are very small, and consistent. I use an aggressive copper cleaner (CR-10) on the barrel, or groups will open up.

The 95gr V-Max really rips a yote apart in short work. NOT a first choice if you are saving hides
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Meow
wink.gif

Thanks....I will get some 4350 and try this. I mainly have lots of Reloader and Hodgdons. But the good thing is 4350 is easy to come by.

The .264WM is an amazing long-range round that for some reason never really caught on. The.260 and 6.5X.284 are much more popular, but with the same bullet your .264 Sendero will leave them both in the dust
blushing.gif
. I have a bad neck and can't handle much recoil any more or I'd have one
frown.gif
. Good catch, I like it
thumbup1.gif

Nice rifle! Afriend down the road is shooting a 700 .264WM as his LR deer rifle. He seems to like his.

Back in the day I bult a 264 Win based on a Mauser action.. I used it for elk hunting for many years.. H4831 and 140 Nosler partitions was my load..

I'll find out the load I used... I got 1/2" groups with it the first time out. I know I used 140 Accubonds, but can't remember the powder used, charge or OAL. I think it was IMR 4350, but I'll check.

RL-19 and 100 gr NBT = coyote dust. I have this same gun that you have KAG got it last summer. It will shoot 130 swift scirocco II bullets over H4831sc like a champ as well. I have found that some powders, for a lack of a better word shoot really easy out of the gun and others really are touchy. I have found that a lot of the loads that are published are on the very low end of the scale of what this cartridge is capable of. Anyway Im glad that someone else will soon be enjoying this cartridge as much as I do. Happy shooting.

I have a .264 Win Mag also & use 120gr Nosler BT with IMR 4350 and it does shoot flat and almost have cut Coyotes in two with it inside 100yds a great bullet for antelope at long range. But you have to reload since it is not very popular. Just FYI I can't say it realy does any thing my old .270 Win did both are 500+ yds deer rifles if you can shoot they will both get the job done. IMHO... I also am 50yrs old now & am loseing the Mag. fever not ready for short action calibers just any unbelted rounds 25-06 6.5-06 wildcat 6.5-284 Win .270 Win 280 Rem or 30-06

Last edited:
Dad had a pre64 back in the day, he sold it to get himself a BDL in 270. The gentleman he sold it to had if for a long time and I tried to buy it from him many times. Later on he loaned it to fellow headed to colorado for an elk hunt and guess what this guy loaded a 7mm in it(least thats what he told us) and quickly ruined the rifle. I seen the gun before it went to the gunsmith, crack stock but nothing that could have been seen without special tools, the gunsmith determined the the bolt had been set back and needed a lot of work. The gunsmith did a qoute on work involved along with an offer to trade, a 3x9 scope (no name), long story short I never saw that gun again. I often wonder if dad had only held on to that gun.

I have a win 70 in 264 and love it. Took it on many hunting trips and has never let me down. I hope to some day work on a reloading mixture for it.

Back