Which one?

Kirk S.

Ok fellas I have a delima going on he and am looking to the people to help with a decision, I have a Rem 22-250 that will be used for a calling rifle and maybe some light P dogs action until I get a 223 built so in saying that here's the delima of these scope which would you recommend, Bushnell 3200 3x9x50 $190.00, Bushnell 3200 5x15x40 $247.00 or a Bushnell 3200 4x12x40 $231.00. I know this is a question that is ask here a lot but hey everyone needs a helping hand every once in awhile, but any suggestions would be ok but I have kinda limited my spending on this rifle to a $300.00 or less scope, I will have to purchase another for my .308 and yes it will more than likely be a loopy in a mil-dot long range model. Thanks in advance for the help!!

Kirk

I highly recommend the Weaver model V16, 4-16x42 with low profile target turrets. It's a very crisp and clear scope with a nice range of magnification. I bought both of mine on sale for $229. Right now I think they are going for about $259. The turrets when returned to zero have always been right on. I bought my first one when I lived in AZ in the heat and now in ND in the cold it has not failed me. I'm sure you'll hear "Leupold or nothing", but this scope is worth checking out.

I think any of the three should meet your needs nicely. Probably the critical magnification is on the low end. Sometimes it's difficult to pick up a small target even at 6X. By the same token, there's not much need for going above 12X in the field. On the range, yes I like a minimum upper end of 18X, but not in the field. Where incidently is that model of Bushnell made? I like Bushnell, but definitely not the ones made in China. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

I would spend as much on your optics as you can possibly afford. You won't wanna get something that you will be unhappy with later.

For a calling scope, I like low power. My main calling rifle has a 1-4X Leupold and is rarely set above 2X.

For 3-400 yard PDs 8-12X is nice. Anything higher just makes the mirage worse. If there is no mirage,(a very rare thing) the higher powers are nice. A big downside is trying to find a distant tiny target in a very small field of view.

Jack

Hey thanks fellas, I appreciate the input! I've been shooting Mil-Dots for some time and would like to find a scope with this reticle but hey I can't afford the $800 - $1000 :eek: price tag of the Leupold's so this is the reason for the question on these scopes. Anyone had any doings with Sightron? found one of these pretty clear has Mil-Dots $307.00 is this worth it? I'll do a search on Sightron scopes and see what comes up. Again thanks for the help! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kirk

Back