6.5 Creedmore

Rammer

Anyone have a 6.5 Creedmore? I've been looking at some, and they definately have me intrigued. I was looking for a TC Encore barrel, and haven't had much luck. Does anyone know of someone that has barrels readily available?

I'd also like to hear from everyone that has/had one, and their general opinions on it.

If the barrel gets too spendy I can see myself just getting a new bolt gun, so what is everyone's opinions there.

I have read from some long range shooters that the Creedmore doesn't do any better than the .260. One issue you'll have is factory ammo... it will eventually dissapear. It's doesn't have enough following right now unfortunately. If I was interested in the 6.5 Creed I would just get the safe and better overall .260. Factory loadings will be easier to find and reloading components too. Another thing to consider is resale value, the .260 will sell 3 times as fast. I have a .260 that I'll probably be buried with... LOL.

Good luck on your decision.

Match Grade Machine usually has some Encore barrels in 6.5 made up or they can custom make what you want but they are a little price. From what I've heard and read they are well worth it though.

I was thinking about having a barrel made from them when I had my Encore but it is gone now. I favor the bolt actions more I guess.

I will be reloading for it, so factory fodder isn't a big issue for me.

Match Grade Machine was the only Encore barrel in 6.5 that I found as well.

Yes, MGM was also the only Encore barrel I could find when I was looking. And I bet I looked for a good year and never found anything else. Everything I have been reading saying the Creedmoor wont be around much longer so I guess the major gun manufactures don't want to it a main stay in their line up.

Savage has some nice 6.5 CM configurations if you wanted to buy a new gun.

Hey rammer, I don't know much about the 6.5, but if I'm not mistaken I read in one of my predator magazines that savage is now making a 6.5 ill check on it as soon as I get back to the house & let u know exactly what the article said, it will probably be tomorrow.

An often over looked 6.5 is the swede. Good brass is easy to find, equal to or better than the 260, when loaded to the same pressures. The only down side (not really) is that its best in a long action.

Originally Posted By: 405 winAn often over looked 6.5 is the swede. Good brass is easy to find, equal to or better than the 260, when loaded to the same pressures. The only down side (not really) is that its best in a long action.

I would have to second that. The swede is an incredibly good round when you load it right. The long action allows those super long projectiles...and those do great downrange!

Savage long range precision, available in 243, 260, and 6.5 creedmore. Target accutrigger, hs precision stock, put it up against the afformentioned remmy and see who wins.

I just can't make up my mind of what to do! I want to make a legitimate, long range, big game rifle. The 6.5 probably won't make the cut. I currently have a Browning A-Bolt 7mm Rem Mag that will shoot 5 shot groups around 1.5" at 300 yards. I might just work up some Bergers for it, and see how they shoot. If the Bergers shoot real good, I will probably upgrade my optics to Nightforce on top of it.

Or, just get a 338 Lapua Savage and start from there..........

Well it also depends on the size of game you're after. If you're after deer and smaller the 6.5 is perfect. The BC of those 139 or heavier bullets is simply amazing.

I was on mgm site checking on a barrel i ordered and the have a 6.5 creedmore in stock 26in. s.s. and a 24 . I'M waiting on a 6.5 grendal to ship these are nice barrels

Back