EOtech 512 vs 517

goldengun4

Both of these seem relatively the same besides the fact that the 517 has the buttons on the side for a magnifier. I want to know if any of yall see any other differences or know of any other differences. The price difference isnt that much for me just like 50 bucks if even. I dont plan on having night vision with it so that isnt a necessity.

Thanks
Zach

see thats exactly what i thought but i was also thinking its kind of crazy they move the buttons to the side on the 517 and it adds like 50 bucks to it. but ill end up with the 512. thanks for your help

zach

so on the 512 would i be able to see over the front sight without using a riser? if not it may just be better to get the 517.

edit. also this may not be the brightest question but what about the picatinny rail. Mine is a weaver but what would i need to do to change the picatinny to a weaver mount?

edit x2. or is it the same thing? 1:45 is not a good time to be contemplating this but i just cant sleep.

Last edited:
Don't know about the rail question, but a 512 without a riser will put the dot right on the tip of the front sight, centered in the window. If you have a fixed sight tower, it will block everything under the impact point.

Well I would like to see the bottom half of it. How much would a riser run? If y'all would like to suggest any other red dot or anything please do. I need some help with this.

Originally Posted By: goldengun4Well I would like to see the bottom half of it.

Yeah, me too. That's why I went with a railed gas block and flip-up front sight.

Problem solved, and now if the EOTech craps out I can just flip up the front/rear irons and keep hunting. Plus, no riser and you have the same cheek weld using the EOTech and the peeps. I like that.

You can shoot irons right through the EOTech window whether it's working or not, you won't even notice it.

Last edited:
Back