Difference between Bell and Carlson vs. HS Precision for Remington Model 7?

wahoowad

I am contemplating replacing the tupperware stock that came with my Remington Model 7 Predator (I have the 17 Fireball). The HS Precision Sporter is the more expensive of the two and comes with an aluminum bedding block. I'm not sure what selling points the B&C Carbelite Classic offers...although have read they are good stocks. Have any of you replaced your Predator tupperware stock with an aftermarket stock?

I can't find any specs on the weight of the tupperware stock although I know the HS stock is 2 pounds. I like the light weight of the Predator so curious what the difference would be.

You can get the B&C with the aluminum bedding block too or just get pillars. Honestly the only difference is the name and price. The B&C will do just as good as the HS. Don't spend the extra money unless you just want a HS stock.

I replaced the stock on my model 7 with an HS. There isn't a huge selection of stocks for the model 7. Replacing your stock with an HS only hurts once, when you buy it.

http://www.hightech-specialties.com/stocks.html

I went with the Classic Model 7 ans trust me it's better than the B&C and you can pillar bed it at come up to the HS. It weighs in at 20oz after trimming, sanding, and other items are completed. It's rigidity is that of the HS and abdorbs almost of the recoil from the small calibers due to the foam internals. Just antoher idea. Adam

Sorry 'bout that.
Maybe they don't make a Medalist for the Model 7 rifle.

I would definitely pick the HS over the Carbelite stock.

Back