wondering if any pics of striker bred curs?

i would ask the question on the kemmer board, but they wont allow anyone on there that thinks for themselves.

i have also noticed that they wont even talk about or want to talk about the subject of striker on there....from all accounts i have heard , he was a very nice dog and has many very nice offspring that can get it done on whatever you put them on.

im wanting to find a line of kemmers that come from hunters that have proven them out before puppy milling them and have culled hard to get the best they can.

one name always comes up......Derril Fry and Striker.

thats why i started this post...in hopes i could see the proof.

my buddy Catdawg has started it off very nicely!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your knowledge, Catdawg & DoubleCK!
And super pics of the dogs!!! I had a hand written pedigree from what I'd found, so seeing pics to go with the names is real treat...
smile.gif

take care
Fred

Mason, good to see ya chime in buddy. I knew you would have all those good Striker breed kemmer picks.

Rusty Hill get ahold of Derril, Bill, or Garrett Fry they have hunted big game kemmer curs for years and know where most of the good ones are. I just got a pup from Bill. I think he has one male left. Garret had some pups, but most of them died. Mel Utter might have pups this fall out of his Rachel [beeep] and a male dog named Taz.

On the Kemmer board they don't like people who actually hunt they're dogs.

Nate

Last edited:
Mason,good to hear from ya amigo.Thank for jumping in here and showing these dudes at least how to spell the dogs name.STRIKER!! not Stryker.That always drives me crazy,and you see it all over the net.Take care amigo.Adios

WTC- It's good to hear from you my friend. I thought maybe you got pinched coyoteeing some illegals across the border or a mean hog got you, glad you're alive and kicking. If it's anything like it is here, at your house, it's probably too dang hot to be doing much dog running huh?

I thought about you just the other day when I was watching the movie "Geronimo"... Hahahaha! Just kidding pal.

You should post some pics of them nice Curs of yours, you know as much about Striker, Gus Mcray and Murphy Brown dogs as anyone!

I hope you're doing well buddy, give me a shout some time when you got a minute to BS.

Take care.

Originally Posted By: rusty hillWTC lets see those cur dogs!!! I aint breed blind.I have dogs that all bring something unique to the table.Kennel blindness,IMO is what is hurting alot of the breeds out there.Kemmer
tidwell017.jpg
s included.
tidwell015.jpg
tidwell014.jpg
Picture024.jpg
aspermont003.jpg
jodysow005.jpg
JANHUNT008.jpg

Nice pictures Allen. Looks like your dogs do the job for ya. I need to go do some hog hunting one of these days. My buddies that farm would shoot me for saying this, but i wish we had feral hogs here in Utah.

That's a 30-30 I think.

Those are some good looking dogs, they sure get it done for you.
As long as a dog is working for a guys means, keep it going. I guess that's why some guys are breeding som Jagd blood with their curs, because maybe there is something missing in their opinion. I can't argue one way or another, I have heard good things about them Jagds, but I've never hunted with one either. I know Devin had bred his Jagd, and cur and (from what I've read) those pups have turned out really good.

My cur doesn't seem like a hunting dog sometimes at all, but when he's on a cat or a coyote, watch out. I was talking to Bridger, and his said his cur is the same way....he told me that his wife thinks that the dog is too lazy to hunt, but Bridger loves that dog. He said when she hits that scent trail, she gets hot and heavy, she is really mellow with his kids just like mine.
Not trying to hijack your thread, just relating stories.

WTC, those are some good looking pups that you had posted here, hope that you get them sold.

WTC,

Good looking dogs and great pictures, thanks for sharing.

I see an airedale in some of those pictures. Do you use it on hogs, and if so how do you like it? I also see a shaggy dog in the dog wagon, is that a AD cross ? I have an AD that I'm pretty keen on and would like to hear more about yours if you hunt them.

Thanks,
Steve

Back