whats your favorite hand load for Full size 9mm

crowpopper

Well I am really liking my sr9 fullsize, now that its breaking in. At first I wasnt happy with the accuracy of it
But now I did the Mag Disconnect removal and reduced the trigger pull, Polished the internals and found a factory ammo it shoots well
I am starting to get a hang of it
So what is the loads you guys roll that work well for you? I picked up My dies today and and going to get some powder and primers and bullets tomorrow
I have around 1000 Cleaned, and weigh sorted brass ready to go now
My gun likes the 124 +P+ GR. pretty decent But i want to try the 147 I hear they are more accurate. Thanks for any starting points on reloading for this gun. Currently I reload for my .223, 7mm-08 and My 30-06 never tried for a pistol yet

I am looking for loads for yote, fox, bobcat, coon

My Sig-Pro likes 5.1gr of Ramshot's Silhouette powder with a 124gr RN Berry bullet... Great plinking round for practice...

I use both a midrange load of Power pistol or Win 231 behind a Precision Delta 124gr FMJ for my plinking loads.

Max book of Powerpistol behind a 124gr XTP for my "special" rounds. They make a pretty good show out of a Milk jug of water!

Does anyone know of a surplus powder that would work for 9mm? I would like to find some cheap takedown powder for my plinking loads.

I have been through dozens of loads for the 9mm and my most accurate in my Sig P-226 is:

Sierra 115 gr. JHP
5.8 grains Unique
CCI 500 primer
1.048 OAL
1225 fps

Sub 2 inch 10 shot groups are not difficult at 25 yards from a rest.

I have substituted the Hornady 115 gr. XTP and Speer 115 grain Gold Dot for other 9mms handguns that don't feed some hollow points as well as the Sig.

oh [beeep] it !!! where was that last week! I loaded some

hornaday xtps with that exact load at 1.050 and thought they might have been two deep. they shot very well but i shot em up and loaded them longer cuz i didnt want to take the chance on compressing the load. they did shoot good [beeep] but im not getting much variance loading them at 1.075 so i think i will stick with that but man i agonised over that load.. almost tossed em out.. lol figures

My SR9 likes
124gr RNFMJ
1.15"OAL
4.1-4.4gr of Titegroup
Federal/CCI small pistol primers
Lee Factory Crimp set at 3/4 turns in.
I see no need to seat my bullets more than this. They function great as they are.

7.0gr HS-6 with 115gr Rainier FMJ's, mixed cases and CCI SP primers. I forget the COL right now.

I've shot this load, very accurately I might add, from my Beretta 92FS as well as my S&W 6906 and Glock 26.

Back