Nice to see some familar names

Hello UTcaller,

Welcome aboard! I was out your way in 98 & 99. We hunted the BLM land near Vernal.

I have a question for you. Do you feel the snow in the high country or lack of it will effect the predator/prey critters in the low ground? We had snow in the high ground in 98, we saw loads of game down low, 99 no snow, no critters in the same areas. What do you think?

Vinny,

welcome to the board.

------------------
wolf_howl_md_wht.gif

Vinny,I was just out in Vernal calling a couple weeks ago.I wish I could say we shot em up,but I can't.It snowed hard most of the morning and I think they were hold up.I wish I could have called there that next day but I had other commitments.About your question.I think that snow or lack of it will definetly play a role in where the predators and prey will be located.With alot of snow up high I think it will push some of the prey to the low country and coyotes will follow them.If there is no snow they(prey)might stay high and so will the predators.Find a Predators food source and you will find the Predator.

Desertrat,if it's the Uintah basin your talkin about there are definetly a few dogs to be had over there.But there are plenty of them in your neck of the woods too.In the past several years I have shot a hellava lot of dogs in that west desert.I've missed alot to though.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by UTcaller (edited 03-17-2001).]

Just found this site myself UTCaller, and I'm glad I did. Prefer this one (Especially the Moderators) over any other I've been to. Thanks for the great board Leonard & Wiley E.

-UtahTrapper-

Back