Should I Get A Mtn Lion Tag?

Shoes

Wondering what ya'lls opinion on if I should get a lion tag. It would be DIY and public land and no dogs. So either dumb luck I stumble upon a cat/tracks or very patient calling. I know you have to pay to play and nothing is certain in hunting. I don't mind not filling a tag since the fee goes to good causes. Thoughts?

I think you should go for it. Do what you can to call one in. If you dont't have any luck calling ask around I know a lot of houndsmen who will let someone with a tag come along when they're chasing cats. If they tree a big tom your in luck.

Depends on the circumstances, If a resident, and the tag is cheap(ie. Oregon lion tag is around 15$) then why go with out one, non res tag around 400 when all done,maybe not worth the gamble.
You have to way the realistic odds, laws(restrictions),personal ability, vs. price of the tag.
Good luck with whatever choice you make.

Originally Posted By: Duane@ssuDepends on the circumstances, If a resident, and the tag is cheap(ie. Oregon lion tag is around 15$) then why go with out one, non res tag around 400 when all done,maybe not worth the gamble.
You have to way the realistic odds, laws(restrictions),personal ability, vs. price of the tag.
Good luck with whatever choice you make.

Yeah, I went with one. Resident ID fee is like $12 and a fairly long season, Sept to March for my area. I'm in the woods quite a bit thru the fall and winter anyways. Plus my wife mentioned there's a few guys at her work that hunt them every year and may be willing to help me out. So, spose my odds are as good as anybody then. Thanks for the help fellas.

Back