Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1955190 - 07/15/11 11:03 AM Re: wondering if any pics of striker bred curs? [Re: DoubleCK]
WestTexasCurs Offline

Loc: North/West Texas
Slugs.

#1955278 - 07/15/11 01:45 PM Re: wondering if any pics of striker bred curs? [Re: WestTexasCurs]
DoubleCK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Wauneta, NE / Gold Canyon, AZ
Originally Posted By: WestTexasCurs
Slugs.

thumbup1

#1956193 - 07/16/11 10:47 PM Re: wondering if any pics of striker bred curs? [Re: DoubleCK]
WestTexasCurs Offline

#1956194 - 07/16/11 10:49 PM Re: wondering if any pics of striker bred curs? [Re: WestTexasCurs]
WestTexasCurs Offline

#1956201 - 07/16/11 10:53 PM Re: wondering if any pics of striker bred curs? [Re: WestTexasCurs]
WestTexasCurs Offline

#1956210 - 07/16/11 11:00 PM Re: wondering if any pics of striker bred curs? [Re: WestTexasCurs]
WestTexasCurs Offline

#1956227 - 07/16/11 11:25 PM Re: wondering if any pics of striker bred curs? [Re: WestTexasCurs]
WestTexasCurs Offline

#1956277 - 07/17/11 12:40 AM Re: wondering if any pics of striker bred curs? [Re: WestTexasCurs]
utahnate Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Monroe, Utah
Nice pictures Allen. Looks like your dogs do the job for ya. I need to go do some hog hunting one of these days. My buddies that farm would shoot me for saying this, but i wish we had feral hogs here in Utah.

#1956294 - 07/17/11 01:04 AM Re: wondering if any pics of striker bred curs? [Re: utahnate]
gonzaga Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Raton, NM U.S.A.
That's a 30-30 I think.

Those are some good looking dogs, they sure get it done for you.
As long as a dog is working for a guys means, keep it going. I guess that's why some guys are breeding som Jagd blood with their curs, because maybe there is something missing in their opinion. I can't argue one way or another, I have heard good things about them Jagds, but I've never hunted with one either. I know Devin had bred his Jagd, and cur and (from what I've read) those pups have turned out really good.

My cur doesn't seem like a hunting dog sometimes at all, but when he's on a cat or a coyote, watch out. I was talking to Bridger, and his said his cur is the same way....he told me that his wife thinks that the dog is too lazy to hunt, but Bridger loves that dog. He said when she hits that scent trail, she gets hot and heavy, she is really mellow with his kids just like mine.
Not trying to hijack your thread, just relating stories.

WTC, those are some good looking pups that you had posted here, hope that you get them sold.

#1956404 - 07/17/11 10:08 AM Re: wondering if any pics of striker bred curs? [Re: gonzaga]
swk Offline

Loc: West central WI
WTC,

Good looking dogs and great pictures, thanks for sharing.

I see an airedale in some of those pictures. Do you use it on hogs, and if so how do you like it? I also see a shaggy dog in the dog wagon, is that a AD cross ? I have an AD that I'm pretty keen on and would like to hear more about yours if you hunt them.

Thanks,
Steve

#1956625 - 07/17/11 03:03 PM Re: wondering if any pics of striker bred curs? [Re: gonzaga]
WestTexasCurs Offline

Originally Posted By: gonzaga
That's a 30-30 I think. If your talking about Bridger up in northern NM.The white dog of mine is a litter mate to his Cur dog.

Those are some good looking dogs, they sure get it done for you.
As long as a dog is working for a guys means, keep it going. I guess that's why some guys are breeding som Jagd blood with their curs, because maybe there is something missing in their opinion. I can't argue one way or another, I have heard good things about them Jagds, but I've never hunted with one either. I know Devin had bred his Jagd, and cur and (from what I've read) those pups have turned out really good.

My cur doesn't seem like a hunting dog sometimes at all, but when he's on a cat or a coyote, watch out. I was talking to Bridger, and his said his cur is the same way....he told me that his wife thinks that the dog is too lazy to hunt, but Bridger loves that dog. He said when she hits that scent trail, she gets hot and heavy, she is really mellow with his kids just like mine.
Not trying to hijack your thread, just relating stories.

WTC, those are some good looking pups that you had posted here, hope that you get them sold.

#1956632 - 07/17/11 03:08 PM Re: wondering if any pics of striker bred curs? [Re: swk]
WestTexasCurs Offline

Originally Posted By: swk
WTC,I have had several Airedales over the years.Some good some not so much.Never had one with alot of nose,and never had one that was straight catch.So If they cant out trail the Curs,hounds,and they aint gonna outcatch a bulldog.They just kinda got phased out.I would like to have a big ole Stag X Airedale cross for carrying in the pickup and stuff.

Good looking dogs and great pictures, thanks for sharing.

I see an airedale in some of those pictures. Do you use it on hogs, and if so how do you like it? I also see a shaggy dog in the dog wagon, is that a AD cross ? I have an AD that I'm pretty keen on and would like to hear more about yours if you hunt them.

Thanks,
Steve

#1956642 - 07/17/11 03:22 PM Re: wondering if any pics of striker bred curs? [Re: rusty hill]
Jesse lackey Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Michigan. Go Blue
Those are some great looking dogs! Thanks for sharing.

"six potato chips all at once? wow, guess he is gonna make a decoy dog!" hahaha just kiddin guys!

#1956788 - 07/17/11 06:52 PM Re: wondering if any pics of striker bred curs? [Re: Jesse lackey]
gonzaga Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Raton, NM U.S.A.
Yup, I am talking about Bridger up north here in Raton NM.... That little female of his is a sweetheart.

#1957142 - 07/18/11 09:51 AM Re: wondering if any pics of striker bred curs? [Re: gonzaga]
rusty hill Offline

Loc: indiana
great pics!!!!!!! thanks for sharing!!!!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.