every day boots?

You guys got me thinking of getting another pair of boots so after much research I ordered a pair of the much praised DANNER JACKALs. They are called "stalking" boots, flat soled, much like a tennis shoe but with the boot support and the best part was that Danner had them on sale. They WERE somewhat like a tennis shoe and I can see how some people would love them...however, I am returning mine today...hurt both of my knees when I walked in them. I'm going for either the Danner TFX GTX Mohave or the Danner Desert Arcadia Mohave but don't tell my wife! The latter pair is pretty expensive for me!

After having my last pair of Rockys come apart (the sole just sluffed off) I maned up and bought a pair of Danners...So far they have fit to my foot very quickly and are a very comfortable boot for work & play.... they were more expensive, but they are MADE IN THE USA....good luck finding a 'B' width boot made here

Some guys I work with like the muck boots for wintery work, but they are way too wide for my foot.

burt2506

I have exclusively worn Asolo GTX for the last 8 years. I have tryed many other brands but the break in period killed me of they just didn't fit nice. With the Asolo GTX there has never been a break in and have never left my feet with that tired acheing feeling that some boots(like my duty boots)give me. They are a little on the expensive side at @ $160-175 but the comfort and durability I have had with them are well worth it.

LL Bean - hikers - are the most comfortable boot I have ever worn.

Comfortable walking shoe and they have a great traction sole as well.

They are over 5 years old - if they ever wear out I will buy LL Bean again.

Hey guys newbie here. Rocky Aztecs one size larger blew me away when I was trying on snake bots at cabelas. Having a bad ankle my whole life i had to put insoles in every piece of footwear except the Aztec. Granted I wear them on my hunting property due to many rattlesnakes and copperheads.

Asolo are great if you need to cover varied terrain and carry a pack. I got a nice pair of Danner Jackals off ebite for next to nothing and they feel like my old high top chuck taylor allstars....only with an arch and more support.

May be to late here, but my advice is get out that wallet, and keep it out. Unfortunately good boots are hard to find. Dont take it the wrong way, there are lots of great boots on the market, but what works for me may not for you. Personaly i love red wings, but im a welder, and the stitching sucks on the red wings for a welder. The thread burns and falls apart, and the "lace holes" (i dont know the technical term) wear out, get sharp and cut the laces. It may take you several tries to find what works for you. Dont settle until you find some that are comfortable for you. When i am not working i wear merrell's. they are super comfortable. may be a good choice for you since you dont need steel toes.

For everyday boots i buy ariat cowboy boots. They have a nike frame with a great insole. I prefer cowboy boots over the laceable boots for ease of putting on and off. I've owned just about every brand of cowboy boot on the market and the ariat hold up the best with justin's in second.

They would be out of the posted price range but I suggest Whites. Wear a pair everyday all day; steel toed Packers for work and a pair of Smokejumpers at home. Closer to the $350 range but well worth the money. Hathorn is their generic brand that's also a good boot.

I wear redwing loggers (not sure of the model number) 12 hours a day at work and when I'm off. Very comfortable boot. I will say they are a pain to break in but once you do they are awesome. Plus they.hold up great.

Still havent found anything, here a month or so ago my dad was boot shopping so i tagged along and went and tried on some boots. All of the ones that felt decent to wear were all WAYY out of my price range.

I have about 3 pairs of Danners for cold/wet weather hunting. Foe summer, a couple of years back I found a pair of Hi-Tec boots on sale and tried them

I think it was this model, and I wore those things for about 3 years until they finally gave up the ghost.

Hi-Tec link

I paid $29 for them new, they were worth about 3 times that much IMO. If you see that brand on sale, take a close look at them. I hate wearing a pair of $250 Danners out trudging the blackberries when it's hot and dry out.

Cabela's carries them, also.

Last edited:
I will second White's if your not a Hotshot or Smoke jumper these boots will last you a good ten years easy and rebuildable. Something in your price range would be Ariats I like those boots. I like a rubber sole as apposed to a leather sole on cowboy boots.

Last edited:
Found a pair of whites in my dads closet, they were super insulated knee boots but oh my goodness if my feet were 1 size smaller they would be heaven.
wub.gif

Problem is the price for whites and im honestly not a big fan of the style of the smoke jumpers, The heel is what i dont like.

I have a pair of Hi-tec hiking boots, they are an ankle model and while i love how ventilated and light weight they are they flat out hurt my feet after wearing them for an hour or two.

While im off in town this week, im going to go back and look at boots again.. before i get anymore guns i need a good pair of boots.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: the noobieI have a pair of Hi-tec hiking boots, they are an ankle model and while i love how ventilated and light weight they are they flat out hurt my feet after wearing them for an hour or two.

Huh, fair enough. Mine were super comfortable, but it all depends on how closely the style they're built from matches your feet.

I've got pretty tough Infantry-grade feet, though. They only hurt when a horse is standing on them.
laugh.gif

Back