Best Snow Camo To Buy

tom223

I am looking to purchase a new set of snow camo. I want it to be un-insulated and waterproof. I hunt in New York and would like the camo to match the enviroment. Any in-put would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tom223

Meinsnow2.jpg

This is a chemical/spill clean-up suit. Waterpoof and windproof. From the web auction, about $2 a piece by the case of 10.

Cabela's coverup suit in Open Country Snow. You will disappear. The chem suits can reflect alot of UV light and look blue. JMHE.

Well, I don't think the camo pattern really matters all that much except in a mirror. Get whatever clothes keep you warm and dry and don't move and you will be fine. Nat Gear snow is what I have, but there are so many other great winter camo patterns I only ended up with Nat because the parka was on sale and it has proven to be a good purchase. My bib pants are a different pattern (can't even remember what it is) and they are so warm and comfy I don't really care.

I'm not very impressed with waterproof anything unless it's raining. Getting to your stand in snow can be a lot of work and waterproof turns into sauna bath while your moving and you into an icecicle when you stop. I prefer cotton or fleece cover up and a pad or turkey chair to keep my but out of the snow. I like two piece sets.

AWS

I bought a set kings snow camouflage a few years ago. Very pricey but worth it. I have since been in some very cold weather and been toasty warm!

Originally Posted By: KAGThis is what I use and I like it a lot

Sticks n limbs

snowcamo.jpg

Every time I see this it amazes me how well it breaks up your form, if I needed snow camo, this would be it.

I have the Natgear snow camo though, no complaints, it's just the cover suit though.

This is what i have

I dont have the pants yet. I like it except IMHO its to heavy to be a cover suit and to light to be won alone. This winter (my first winter coyote hunting and wearing this jacket) I would sweat walking to my stand and then freeze sitting in my stand (no matter if i layered underneath or just wore this over my t-shirt.

But i will say this, i had my dad put the jacket on and run out into the sticks and sit down, even when wearing black ski pants he was pretty well hidden

Next winter im going to try a different layering system with some Underarmor on the bottom to keep the moisture off my body and see if that doesnt resolve my freezing when on stand

Oh and i forgot to mention but if you watch this camo it will go on sales quite often. I got mine onsale and with a discount coupon and the grand total with tax was $54. I wont complain at that price.

I purchased a Cabelas snow camo cover-up but returned it. It was just too dark for me (lots of black in the one I received). I have a Natural Gear jacket and a Cabelas pure white cover-up as well.

Back