Question for the REAL shooters ( long distance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sully2

A 6mm caliber ( .243 but thats really not all that important) pumping out a 105gr slug at 2950 that has a B.C. of .500. The gun would be "proper" for the purpose; Varmint weight barrel; scope of more than adequate power; trigger such as a Jewell or ( ? )..fully bedded w/free fl0ating barrel....etc...etc.

Whats this GUN capable of hitting at ..??...what long(er) ranges.
(NOT the shooter....the rifle).

EDITED for typo that the idiots wanted to make fun of.

Last edited:
Bench or hunting? Hunting I'm saying it's zeroed at 200 around 7-8" low at 300, 18-20 low at 400. Realisticaly it will do around 600 yards I'm thinking. I'm sure no expert. Regardless of what it will do it goes back to who's holding it. For me it's a 300 yard gun, unless I got lucky at a longer distance!!!

Hunting 95%...and thats a good answer...something "realistic".
If I was aiming for something at 600 yds...it would have to be the size of a dancing hippo...
smile.gif

Not qualified to answer, but as a reference, my .243 runs a 115gr DTAC @ 3080 & I've taken it out to just over 1100 yds on steel...

Originally Posted By: sully2 pumping out a 105gr slut at 2950

Originally Posted By: getfoxyI hate those 105g slut bullets

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: sully2 pumping out a 105gr slut at 2950

Originally Posted By: getfoxyI hate those 105g slut bullets

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Are these new ???
rolleyes.gif

"REAL" shooters ?

How do we decide who is a "REAL" shooter ?

My .223AI will make 1k from a bipod. I've seen the .243AI do the same aswell.

Only YOU will know the REAL answer.

In my 6mm (6x45) I shoot a 95g NBT hunting bullet at 2800 fps and it can slam a 700 yard human steel form no probelm, last 5 shots were in a 5" spot in a 10mph cross wind.
Mostly I only shoot it to 400yds max and it will stay in a 3" shoot-n-see target.

Originally Posted By: LWILLIAMSAt my elevation with 115 dtacs I can hold less than moa at 1200 yards.
Nice !

How fast you pushing them ?

I am only pushing 2904 but chad Dixon is punching it to 6mm CM and that will help a little. At that speed my shooter app puts m stable past 1500 though I have not shot that far yet. Closer ranges I can hold 1/2 moa with the rifle I just open up some long range plus the wind always seems to blow here.

My 223 ai and the 75 grain amax puts me to 1000 close to the same as my 308 and the 168 grain amax. Good cheap practice. Every shooter is different and practice and good form make a good shooter.

Originally Posted By: Tim Neitzke"REAL" shooters ?

Well I went and got Shooter Implants so Im not a real shooter. Im fake.
tt2.gif

I think Tim and Jeff are natural though
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: 5spdIn my 6mm (6x45) I shoot a 95g NBT hunting bullet at 2800 fps and it can slam a 700 yard human steel form no probelm, last 5 shots were in a 5" spot in a 10mph cross wind.
Mostly I only shoot it to 400yds max and it will stay in a 3" shoot-n-see target.

That aint bad AT ALL.. Mucho appreciated sir

Originally Posted By: getfoxyOriginally Posted By: Tim Neitzke"REAL" shooters ?

Well I went and got Shooter Implants so Im not a real shooter. Im fake.
tt2.gif

I think Tim and Jeff are natural though
lol.gif

You got anything to do other than start arguments?

Ok...Then do you have anything to do other than make smart *** remarks.??

If you have something constructive to say...then spit it out....if not...then try stifling yourself for once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back