Wisconsin's Gov. Walker Was Right

Crimson Raptor

Not only did Governor Walker's tough stand in the face of massive union opposition succeed, the requirement that public employees contribute something to their previously "free" taxpayer-funded pensions, prevented massive public layoffs.

For this one Wisconsin school district, all the teachers are still employed AND they will now run a budget surplus AND reduce class size. Weird, huh?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/2011/06/union-curbs-rescue-wisconsin-school-district

Raptor

All the teacher's unionist whining and moaning and saying the sky would fall reminds me of the chicken little dems back during the welfare reform debate, c. 1996.

Predictably, none of their predictions came true and it was a positive reform.

And so is this one in WI.

It's only just started. If the job were to save money, success! For now. But the already crappy public education system is about to get worse. Is it worth the savings to have our best and brightest saying "you want fries with that?"

You look at where we are in only 2 years.

Quote:Is it worth the savings to have our best and brightest saying "you want fries with that?"
That's the system we have NOW jeffo. Do you (from your union toady perspective) really believe that saving all the teacher's jobs and operating at a surplus will hurt our kid's education? Explain your economic theories behind that conclusion please.

I don't recall saying anything about operating at a surplus. Calling me a toady doesn't do much for your argument, except maybe for your cronies here. You're all about theories, data, stats, etc. I have a brother like that. He also couldn't make it in the teaching business. Of course, you've never tried. Care to? It's not truck driving.

At least have the courtesy to read the linked article before you spout your union drivel jeffo:

Quote:The Kaukauna School District, in the Fox River Valley of Wisconsin near Appleton, has about 4,200 students and about 400 employees. It has struggled in recent times and this year faced a deficit of $400,000. But after the law went into effect, at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, school officials put in place new policies they estimate will turn that $400,000 deficit into a $1.5 million surplus. And it's all because of the very provisions that union leaders predicted would be disastrous.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/2...t#ixzz1QuTIMylb

Of course you've never tried a job where you had to produce an actual revenue stream, care to? It's not the gravy train you're on now.

Back